41.

tyler was hurt, to say the least. the girl he had fallen in love with, went running back to the guy that had broken her heart. he didn't even get a chance to tell her how he feels. he was contemplating telling her, but he was afraid their friendship would be ruined.

maybe she would leave dylan, he thought. he grabbed his phone and clicked on her name to text. he typed "can we talk?" and waited for the response.

***

brooke was laying with dylan, he was running his one hand through her hair. the kids were being watched by holland because she wanted to spend more time with them, who wouldn't? they were simply watching their favorite show, shameless, for the third time. she felt her phone buzz and opened the text from her best friend.

***

ty💙:
can we talk?

brookie❣️:
yeah of course, what's up?

ty💙:
no i mean can i come by? i really have to tell you something

brookie❣️:
um, yeah, what time

ty💙:
now?

brookie❣️:
yeah, dylan's over but i'll make him leave

ty💙:
okay. i'll see you in a few.

***

"babe, you gotta go." brooke said to dylan, sitting up from the couch.

dylan looked at her in confusion. "why?"

"because tyler is coming over to tell me something." she said. "you gotta go."

"can't i just sit in your room." he complained, lacing his fingers with hers.

"dyl-"

"please." he grinned.

brooke thought about it and sighed. "fine." dylan nodded to himself because he had won the argument. "but you can't come out."

"fine." he smirked. he leaned towards her and placed his lips on hers. brooke ran her fingers through his hair, smiling into the kiss. he leaned her back onto the couch and pulled her shirt over her head. brooke did the same to dylan before going back to the heated kiss. "i love you." dylan said against her lips.

"i love you, too." brooke said.

then, the doorbell rang. "dammit." brooke sighed. "go to the bedroom."

"yes ma'am." dylan winked. brooke rolled her eyes and hit his arm before putting her shirt back on. dylan ran to her bedroom and brooke went to the door.

"hey ty." she said when she saw the man on the other side.

"brooke, i love you." he said.

"i know, i love you, too."

"no, i mean i really love you." he said. this was all too familiar to brooke. "i'm head over heels in love with you."