26.

she knocked on the door three times.

brooke left her house when she read dylan's instagram caption, not before calling sprayberry to come watch the kids. he happily agreed.

now, she was at a house. one that she felt she needed to go to.

so, here she was, knocking on the door.

the door swung open to reveal a man. he was wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt, seeing as how it was 11:30 pm. "hey, b." the man said.

"hi." she said back. she immediately ran into his arms and started to cry. "why do i keep letting him hurt me, ty?" she asked.

tyler wrapped his arms around her tightly, bringing her inside. "you don't let him brookie, he does it to you."

"i'm so tired of feeling broken." she sobbed, making his light grey shirt, a now dark grey color. "i just want to feel happy again."

"i know." he said, kissing the top of her head and rubbing her back. she pulled back and looked tyler in the eyes. "wanna watch a movie?" he asked her, bringing her to the couch. she nodded as he turned on netflix. "what do you want to watch?"

"can we watch scream?" she asked. "the tv show, not the movie."

"wow, i haven't watched that in forever." tyler said. brooke smiled, cuddling into his side. tyler wrapped an arm around her and held her close. he was heartbroken for his best friend, especially watching the guy she loved, hurt her again. she didn't deserve this, tyler thought.

brooke jumped when the killer slit nina's throat, bringing him out of his thoughts. he held the girl closer, watching her as she stared at the tv.

tyler thought about when he used to like brooke, before her and dylan began dating. he always pushed his feelings down when she was dating chris, afraid of the rejection. he feared his feelings were resurfacing for brooke. it scared him.

tyler was about to get up, but before he could, he saw the girl asleep on his lap. her head was now resting on his legs and her arms were wrapped around his torso. tyler ran his fingers through her hair, smiling at her. he then stopped suddenly, knowing his feelings were coming back. he couldn't do that to dylan, even if he did hurt her. besides, it would ruin their friendship, right?

his eyes slowly began to shut as he laid his head on the cushion behind him, his hand resting on brooke's back, slowly rubbing it.

***

we're trueeeeeee friendssss

holls:
okay. who named the gc

danielle:
who do you think

spraybaby:
i'm sorry! i was in a hannah montana mood

crys:
dylan isn't in this, right

ard:
nope. completely jackass free

crys:
good

tpose:
hello true friends

shells:
guys. i'm starving