Chapter 22

1,000 READS! THIS IS INSANE!!! Thank you soooo much! I really hope you all enjoy this fanfic!!!

I decided to update early for all of you because I am so thankful for your reads and votes and comments!!

Song: Not Alone by Sara Bareilles.

CHAPTER 22:

~~~~~~Brentley's POV~~~~~~

I could feel this heavy adrenaline pumping through every part of my body. My hands were shaking and my breathing heavy.

My hands gripped the steering wheel tighter as I pushed my foot against the gas even harder than before. I feel numb. As if I am frozen in time but life keeps moving. The thought of the police crosses through my mind but I ignore it.

I know running from a situation and not sorting it out isn't the best way to go. I just couldn't do anything else. It was as if my heart took over my body and made me run.

I look at my speed for a split second and see I am reaching 200 kph. I quickly come to my senses and slow down to the speed limit. I turned the radio on to fill the silence.

I decide to not check my phone until I get home. I quickly make a U turn and drive in the direction of my flat.

I can't just leave the one thing that can make my whole world a bit brighter. I love Ryan and I would do anything for him but this I my life and I should be happy. He needs to respect that and it is his problem if it affects the gang. He knows what he is doing is illegal and he will have to deal with the consequences.

There is no doubt that one of his men are out in front of my flat waiting for me to get home and take me back to Ryan. As I reach my street I come to a stop and look at what is in the backseat. I see a black hoodie and a plain black men's v neck. I reach for the black hoodie and pull it over my head. It is loose and is obviously a size too big but it will do. I tie my hair back and put the hood up. As I adjust the hoodie I smell cologne from it and I can't help but like it. It is masculine but sweet. Not what I would expect for one of Ryan's men.

I soon recollect my thoughts and begin to drive to my parking spot. I stay low yet see no one around. I pull in and stop the car. After checking once more I get out and speed walk towards my door. I quickly unlock, turn my hallway light on, and lock the door behind me.

I let out a long breath I didn't know I was holding as I put the keys on the counter. The hairs on the back of my neck rose steadily and my stomach sank low.

"Next time you take a Porsche, try and not burn the wheels."

---------------------------------------------

I know it is a short update but it is just a filler!

Will Ryan get in the way? Will Brentley tell Niall about what happened? Who is this guy?

GET THIS TO 1,100 reads AND 10 COMMENTS! :)