Chapter 23

1,100 reads!!! That is INSANE!!! Thank you soooo much!!! Here is the update you all deserve!

Song: Undone by Haley Reinhart

----------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 23:

~~~~~~~~~~Niall's POV~~~~~~~~~

The light from my window shines bright in my face and wakes me up. I can feel a massive headache hit me and I wince in pain. I quickly run through what happened last night. I remember Brentley walking me to Harry's car and a strange man standing there. I remember feeling Brentley's heart race against my drunken body. I need to call her and see if she is alright and thank her for bringing me home.

I slowly open my eyes and adjust to the light. I steadily get out of bed and notice I am still in what I wore last night. I change into a shirt and sweatpants and walk into the kitchen. I see my phone sitting on the counter and I immediately select Brentley's contact.

*RING.....RING.......RING......"

~~~~~~~~~Brentley's POV~~~~~~~

(Last Night)

"Get out now before I call the police" I say steadily trying to stop my voice from shaking.

"Erm, yeah I can't really do that. You see, your brother wasn't done talking." He says taking a step closer.

"First; Don't come any closer

Second; I don't care if he was done talking or not. I was. So therefore, I left. End of story. Now leave." I say in a stern and monotone voice.

"So be it. But just know, I am a lot nicer than any of his other men. I actually care about you. If I were you, I would be on my side if you want to survive this." He says with a look of....concern? What? My mind goes into a full spin and I feel like throwing up.

"Excuse me?" I say in a higher pitched voice than intended.

"His men will not show mercy. I am here to protect you. Not to harm you. Your brother is in the middle of a big deal with a gang in France. They know he cares for you and they will want to use you. There are men in his close circle that will deceive him." He says calmly coming closer to me in an attempt to comfort me.

"Look you can 'protect me' but I just want to live a normal life like I was. And I will still continue to date who I want. And thank you." I say looking him in the eyes.

"You're welcome. I will always be around and I will connect your phone with mine so I can see if the contact you. You can continue as normal. Do you mind if I sleep on the couch?" He says nodding towards the sitting room.

"Not at all. Just don't try anything....by the way, what is your name??" I ask, walking past him towards my bedroom to get pillows and a blanket.

"Nick. It's okay, I already know yours." He says standing in the doorway of my room. I walk back with this things and set them on the couch.

"Nice to meet you Nick. Well maybe not in these circumstances but anyways. Uh help yourself in the kitchen, the kitchen is around the corner, and the remote is on the coffee table. Goodnight." I say as I wave and head for my room.

"Thanks. Goodnight, sleep tight." He says while looking down at his feet.

"Thank you, you too." I say awkwardly and he looks up at me.

I turn and close my bedroom door behind me. Once I hear the door click closed I let out a deep sigh. It has been a long day and night. Ugh, no big deal I just dropped off my drunken boyfriend off at his house and left Harry's car there. Then I visited my brother with who I now know is Nick and soon after drove off with his Porche to my house. Then had one of the most mind blowing conversation with him, which lead to him sleeping on my couch. How lovely.....

I slowly walk over to my bed and put my pjs on. After I brushed my teeth I climbed in bed and put my headphones in. Undone by Haley Reinhart began to play after I clicked shuffle. Exactly how I feel.

I soon drifted off thinking of Niall.

----------------------------------------------

DUN DUN DUHHHHH

Things just got interesting!!

Get this to 1,150 reads!!!