Chapter 16

I would just like to say thank you for over 370 reads! All of the reads means so much to me! Please keep up the hard work on getting the word out and reading! Plus I will start putting songs that go with the tone of the chapter at the tip if you would care to listen!

Song: Nightingale by Demi Lovato

~Micah

CHAPTER 16:

~~~~~~Brentley's POV~~~~~~

We were almost to my flat when I get a call from Niall. I couldn't help but smile.

"Hey Niall!" I say as I answer his call.

"Hey Brentley. I don't really know how to say this but two of my best friends are coming in from Ireland tonight and I only found out now. I hardly ever get to see them so I was wondering if it would be okay if we rescheduled?? I'm really really really sorry. I hope you can understand...." He said quickly trying to get every word out before I could speak.

All while Niall was giving his long explanation speech my jaw dropped and I could feel a tear start to trail the outline of my face.

I was crying because Maranda and Shea had gone out of their way to just help me get ready for tonight and now it was all for nothing. I don't know how to tell them. I am disappointed with Niall for cancelling 30 minutes before but he did say that he only found out now. That is understandable.

"Uhhh...Yeah, I understand. It's fine. Have fun and let me know when we can reschedule. Have a good night Niall. Bye." I ended before he could hear the uneven tone in my voice from crying.

"Why are you crying?! Who was that?!" "Darling don't mess up your make up!! Here's a tissue!" Maranda and Shea said as they heard me sniffle and wipe a tear from my cheek.

"It was Niall and he had to cancel tonight because some of his Irish friends are in town. I am beyond sorry that all you two did today was for nothing! I am so sorry!" I say as I begin to cry harder and my voice cracks more.

I take the tissue Shea handed me and tried to stop the tears from flowing.

"Awe no please don't feel bad! We had fun doing it! And don't worry, it is not a waste because we can go out and have a Girls Movie Night! Who needs him to see a good movie anyway! We refuse to let you not have a good night." Maranda says as she turns around to head towards the cinema.

I smile and get the compact mirror out of Shea's make up bag to fix my eye make up. Not much had gotten messed which was comforting. I dabbed my eyes and added some concealer under my eyes to help with the redness.

"Thank you, I don't know what I would do without you two!" I say as we turn up the radio and sing along to get us to cheer up.

~~~~~~~~Niall's POV~~~~~~~

She ended the phone before I even had a chance to respond. I could tell she was hurt and upset. Nice going Niall.

I tried to get my mind off of it by playing a game of Fifa until Dylan and Sean arrived.

~~~~~~~~2 hours later~~~~~~~

*KNOCK KNOCK*

I opened the door two see Dylan and Sean smiling at me with their two suitcases behind them.

"Hey mate!" They said as they gave me a big bro hug.

We laughed and then I held the door for them as they took their stuff to the guest bedrooms.

"You look down mate! What's wrong?" Sean asked as he walked into the living room.

"Nothing, just tired. How was the flight?" I asked trying to change the subject. I wasn't ready to talk about Brentley just yet. It hurt too much.

"Alright whatever you liar. It was good but Dylan here wouldn't shut up while we were taking off! Hahaha He was freaking out!" Sean said as we laughed at Dylan.

Dylan walked in just in time to defend himself by saying, "Look everyone gets nervous but I was not freaking out so shut it."

"So how is your tour going? Meet any intriguing fans? Eh?" Dylan said nudging me as he sat down beside me.

"It's is going really good and no 'intriguing fans' so far." I said being blunt. I didn't want to lie but I can't tell them about Brentley and make them feel guilty.

"Okay. How about we go out? It's a nice night and you look like you need some fun. How about Funky Buddah?!" Sean says as a grin grows on his face.

"Yeah, sounds like fun!" Dylan says agreeing with Sean. They both look at me waiting for me to say something.

"Yeah, alright, let's go!" I say as we all smile and get our phones and wallets. I grab my favourite blue and grey jacket before we leave.

~~~~~~~3 hours later~~~~~~

"Mate, you have only had two pints and you haven't talked to one gorgeous girl all night. What is up with you?" Sean screams at me since the music is so loud as I sit with what's left of my second pint at the bar.

"Nothing, okay? Please drop it. And I don't want to talk to any girls tonight. Can we just go home? I'm exhausted." I say as I stand up from my bar stool.

"Fine. Lets go." Sean says as he is obviously pissed at me which I can say the same for him.

We catch a cab and head home. All that time after the call, the only thing that was on my mind was Brentley. I couldn't focus on anything else.

After we got home we all just immediately went to bed. I brushed my teeth and changed into my Hollister pj pants. Once I was in bed I turned and switched my light off. I rolled over and closed my eyes. All I could see and think of was Brentley. I wonder what she did after we talked. I wonder if she is alright. Ugh...I just want to talk to her and work it out. I can't sleep.

~~~~~~~Brentley's POV~~~~~

After the movie we decided to call it a night and I was dropped off at my flat. I brushed my teeth then put on my pjs. I got in bed and switched on the tv to help me fall asleep. I rolled over and closed my eyes. All I could think of was how badly I wanted to talk to Niall. I decided that TV wasn't working so I put my headphones in and clicked shuffle. Nightingale by Demi Lovato came on. Exactly how I felt. I slowly began to drift off in sleep by the verse....'I can't sleep tonight, wide awake and so confused.'......

---------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed it! Get this to 420 reads to get the next update!!!

Also if you would please give this shoutouts that would be amazing!

Thanks loves!