Chapter 1: The Shadow Phoenix

The Squadd Bunch fairies defeated the Creatures of the Night and the Trix along with the help of the teachers, specialists, wizards, and witches. Now, the Trix are imprisoned and light shines over Magix once again; however, this is only a prelude to the great challenges ahead.

In a hidden swamp where it is dirty, brown water, waterfalls, and a slum-castle, a girl is climbing up the swamp castle. The girl is sweating and exhausted, but she must complete her mission. As the girl reaches the top floor of the castle, she hides behind a wall because there is an alligator-looking monster walking pass.

"No time. I'll be found out any second now," the girl whispers to herself. The girl enters the castle. Her gazing blue eyes glow bright from the shinning of the fireplace. Her chestnut hair becomes frizzy from the heat. The girl hears cute little voices as she walks through the corridors of the castle.

"Okay let me think. Yes, that's it! No wait wait wait! I need to think about this for a second. Um if I go to the left then, the power will...no wait," says one of the cute little voices.

The voices are from pixies. pixies are fairies that go through magic puberty when they are young. Fairies normally do not discover their powers until they are at least thirteen years old. Anything older than thirteen would be a fairy and anything younger would be a pixie. It is a tradition that pixies bond with fairies until they are old enough to be on their own; almost like a big sibling-little sibling relationship.  

"Well I hope this is better than your first fifty ideas," says a pixie named Amouray.

"And if I go to left and Piff goes both ways, I'll count to three and we all switch positions and converge our magic to make an impact on the wall," says another pixie named Chatson.

The pixies are trapped in a magic barrier and are trying to find a way to escape.

"But will the movements be coordinated and elegant at least?" asked a pixie named Tune.

The girl walks up to the barrier. She tries to stay in stealth mode, but pixies can detect the slightest footsteps.

"Hush. Quiet, someone's coming," says a pixie named Zing.

The girl is getting closer to the barrier, but she looks dark image to pixies far away.

"Who could that be?" asks a pixie named Lockson as he trembles in fear.

"I wonder," says a pixie named Digit.

As the girl gets closer, everyone backs up scared. Amouray faints. As the girl gets closer to the barrier, she becomes lighter.

"Willow!" says Lockson. Willow is the girl's name. "Willow, we thought you'd been captured too."

Willow kneels. "Yes, I was captured."

"By the horrible creatures?"

"By the Phoenix, yes, but luckily I was able escape from the window of my cell."

"Oh no, you didn't! That's much too dangerous," says Chatson.

"How is Piff? Is she okay?" asks Willow as her blue eyes shimmer in worry.

Piff is the infant pixie. All Piff really does is sleep.

"Yes, she's fine," says Lockson. "You must've been so worried about her."

Chatson hugs Lockson. "After all, she is your bonded Pixie."

Tune wakes Piff up. "Piff, wake up. This is no way to greet a visitor."

Piff runs up to the barrier happy. Piff does not talk yet. She speaks gibberish.

"According to my calculations, Piff says she's happy to see you. At least I think," says Digit.