Chapter 12: Squad-D Together!

The Squadd's bonded Pixies were homesick from the spell Darkar cast on them. It was only a matter of time that Hajari was able to break the spell and stop them before they made it home.

One morning at Alfea, Faragonda is teaching a class about a special way to fight. A way that they can combine powers. This is because they are sophomore students now. The level of difficulty will be increased every year, so the fairies of Alfea have to get ready.

"Welcome to Applied Magical Convergence Class. The purpose of this subject is to improve the effectiveness of your spells. This is a very difficult task and it will require a lot of work."

Hajari raises his hand. "Miss, what is Magical Convergence?"

"It is the ability for two or more fairies to combined powers into one ultra-powerful spell."

"Wow!" says Hajarianna.

"First of all, superior spell castings are essential. You must also come to understand your own magic better than before."

"And why's that?" Hajari asks.

"It's easy enough to make mistakes by yourself. Combined magic is more complex. No room for error."

"It's like it takes on a mind of its own?" asked Michael.

"In a way that's true, yes."

"Miss?" Hajarianna says. "Lemme get this straight: you're saying all of us can combine powers?"

Faragonda nods her head.

"Ah yes, a Super Squadd Spell," Hajarianna adds.

All of the Squadd cheer, except Willow. Hajari and the Squadd sit in front while Willow sits in the back of the classroom and she kinda feels left out. She places her head down.

"Now for our first assignment, you'll be working in pairs."

At Red Fountain, a boy has pictures of Musa everywhere on his wall in his room. He takes one down and puts it in his backpack.

Later at Alfea park, the six fairies decide to sit and relax on the bench. Hajarianna lays her head on Hajari's shoulder and yawns.

"All these exercises are too much work," says Hajarianna.

"Did you check on how the Pixies are doing?" Michael asked Hajari.

"Palladium is making sure the homesickness spell has completely worn off. He suggested they get proper rest on a proper bed."

"We should go visit them a little later," says Kajari.

Musa notices Willow is quiet and so she walks up to her. "So Willow, I was thinking maybe we should meet up later today and finish our homework."

"Listen, I hope you don't mind that Faragonda teamed you up with me."

"Why should I?"

"Well, it's just that the others are better and I'm new."

The boy that has a picture of Musa walks up to Willow and Musa. "Um, excuse me," he says to Musa. "Hi, Musa. I'm finally glad I get to meet you. My name is Jared. I'm a specialist-in-training at Red Fountain. Saladin sent me here to learn about your simulator. I'll be writing a paper on it."

Musa catches an attitude. "Right and uh, how do you know who I am?"

"Well uh catch you later," Willow says as she walks away.

"Mmmm," the other Squadd kids say.

"I saw you at Red Fountain and I asked about you."

"Why?"