Chapter 19: Spy In The Shadow

The Squadd lost and let the Trix took the second quadrant of the Codex. Now, there are only two pieces left.

At Alfea by the lake, Hajari is training as Professor Avalon watches. Hajari is blasting boulders into small pebbles. Hajari is very angry though. Maybe it is because of Bloom or maybe because it is the second time he let the Trix take the Codex or maybe he is trying to get an A on this assignment.

"Hajari, why are you training so hard?" asked Avalon.

"I find it rather strange that it's been a long time since we've been attacked by Darkar."

"It's been quiet, hasn't it?"

"A little too quiet. It's oddly quiet before the storm!" Hajari says as he blasts a boulder.  "Triple  Blast!" Hajari says as he blasts three fireballs at another boulder, but he does not destroy it this time.

Avalon walks up to Hajari and puts his hand on Hajari's shoulder. "What happened?"

Hajari puts his hand on his cheek. "I don't know. Every since Darkar appeared, my powers have been weakening gradually. There's something about him. I just don't know what."

"I'd say the first thing we do is take a break from all this training."

"But I can't even blast a boulder. How am I supposed to stop the Trix? Sooner or later they're bound to find the secret archive."

"Don't worry about that. They said that the secret archive is impossible to find."

Hajari starts to shed tears and turns away. "That's not true, Professor."

Avalon puts each of his hands on both of Hajari's shoulder. Hajari turns to Avalon and buries his head into Avalon's chest.

"I know where it is," Hajari says as he sobs getting Avalon's suit jacket all wet with tears.

Avalon strokes Hajari's curly red hair as he continues sobbing emotionally. "I've been trying to keep it a secret, but it's been so hard."

Avalon lets go and puts his hands back on Hajari's shoulder. "Hajari, you've got to be strong. Promise you'll never tell anyone where the archive is not even to me."

Hajari again buries his head in Avalon's chest and starts sobbing again.

Later in the Alfea courtyard, Tecna is looking for Kajari to talk. Tecna asks two fairies if they have seen her boyfriend and one of them says that he was trying to find a logical excuse not to see her. Tecna shrugs her shoulders and walks away as the fairies laugh at her. Tecna sees Kajari and Michael and runs up to them. Kajari turns his back with his arms crossed. Michael is just standing there puzzled.

"Hey, Kajari."

Kajari ignores Tecna.

"Listen, I think we should talk. Do you have a minute?"

"Not now," Kajari says with an attitude and walks away.

Michael follows him as Tecna stands there looking, eyes wide open and hands in her pockets.

In the hallways, Kajari and Michael are walking and talking...

"Of course I don't wanna see Tecna. Why would I wanna see somebody who behaves so...illogically?"

"But what exactly did she do?"

"What she didn't do, you mean."

"Are you sure it isn't because she's a little shy?" Michael asks as he smiles and winks his eyes.