Chapter 24

I paced outside the county jail, waiting for my husband to walk out. We also had to make sure that the public knew nothing about this little 'incident'. Who knows what that'd do to Nick's reputation.

Finally, he came out of the building. I breathed a sigh of relief, but for some reason was upset at him. He opened his mouth to say something but I just got in the car to drive us home. I had his phone because I figured he'd want it to check calls and all that.

"Kat-"

"I really have nothing to say to you right now Nick." I blinked my tears back, driving and looking straight forward.

"Hey man." Nick set his phone on the center console. Phil, his manager, was on the other end of the call.

"Nick. You were supposed to be at the airport, oh I don't know, only four hours ago!What the hell?" He did not sound happy.

"Yeah, I was taken to jail last night. Katy and I got into a fight, I got out of line, and the cops were called. I'm going home now to pack and I'll get there as soon as I can."

"You better. We're all waiting here, call me when you're on your way man."

"See you dude."

"You too man." Phil said, and then Nick hit the end call button.

"Who called the cops last night?" My husband asked me, and I could see him looking at me from the corner of my eye.

"Kane did." I said coldly.

"I'm sorry. I-"

"Let me ask you one question. Did you really drive home last night?" I glanced at him, swallowing hard.

" I did." I closed my eyes for a split second, then looked at the road.

"God Nick, I cannot believe you." I said quietly, but there was infinite anger in my voice.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry about driving home clearly drunk, and fighting with you. I f_cking slapped you! What kind of man does that?"

"Apparently you." I muttered, turning off onto our road. We drove the rest of the way in silence before we got into the house and he grabbed my hand, pulling me in for a hug. I let my arms stay at my sides, not giving in. I felt him sigh against me, and I ended up throwing my arms around him.

"I can't begin to explain how sorry I am. Did I hurt you?" He held me at arm's length, his eyes scanned up and down my body.

"Just my wrists, I'm fine. You should go upstairs and pack before Phil really gets mad at you. You're already super late." I said to my husband, making my way down to the basement.

"I love you." He called behind me. I ignored the words and went down to switch out the laundry. When I was done with that, I just sat down there, thinking. How could I possibly stop being mad at him, there had to be way. And I didn't want him to leave and the two of to still be upset at each other. I heard him taking his suitcase down the stairs, and once he reached the first floor, I went up there.

"Promise me nothing like this will ever happen again, I'm serious Nick." I told him, putting my hands on my hips and kicking one out. Nick looked at me and his eyes lit up. 

"Never again. I promise baby." Could I really just forgive him that quickly? Of course I could, I can't stay mad at him for very long.

"We both did things we shouldn't have. Agreed?"

"I completely agree with you. So now I can leave and everything is going to be okay, right?"

"Everything is just fine." I smiled and walked over to kiss him. I put my lips on his slowly, taking in his kiss. I closed my eyes and he brought his hands up to cup my face. I put my arms loosely on his shoulders, kissing him back even more. I took a breath before making out with him again.

I sat on the counter and stood between my legs. In all reality, he should've left about twenty minutes ago. I had my hands on his shoulders and my eyes were locked with his.

"I love you rockstar." I said quietly to him, smiling like I wouldn't be able to stop.

"I love you princess." He reached up and kissed me softly, pulling away sooner then I wanted. He helped me from the counter and brought his suitcase out into the car. I offered to drive him to the airport so I could say goodbye. He'd be gone for about two weeks to shoot a movie, and the first destination is Vegas.

As we drove to the airport, we talked out everything that was happening with our family right now. The incident that happened last night and how it affected the kids, his music schedule for this upcoming year, Austin's situation, all of it. By the time we got there, I didn't want him to leave.

"I love you so much that it's insane." I said sadly while I stood in his arms outside the airport. I figured that people were watching us too.

"You'll do great, I know you will. You be good until I get back." He joked, raising his eyebrow at me.

"I might wanna be a bad girl, I don't know." I twirled my hair on my finger jokingly, smacking my gum mockingly.

"Haha, funny. I'll see you in two weeks, and I'll call you guys every night."

"Promise?" I asked.

"Promise princess." He kissed my smile, smiling himself.

...