Chapter 46

It was September 16th, Nick's 35th birthday. As part of his present, I took him paint balling along with the kids and I invited Joe his new girlfriend, Dani, and Kevin to come along. They all happily obliged.

"Where are we going, and why did you ask me to wear plain clothes specifically?" Nick asked from his spot in the passenger seat. The kids were all sitting in the back, excited as can be.

"You'll see, Mister Impatient." I giggled, pulling into the gravel parking lot of Hollywood Sports. Everyone else was already here, and we were the last to show up. I made sure Nick had his eyes closed the entire drive.

"Okay. Open them." I smiled, and he opened his eyes, looking out and scanning the area.

"Oh my God babe, this is amazing. Thank you." He got excited and kissed me. The kids got out of the car, greeting everyone else. Joe and Nick were the two that were really into this. Nick used to tell me stories about when they'd come here or find a place wherever they were at with a bunch of their friends and play for hours.

I got out of the car, shutting the door and locking it. My husband grabbed my hand as we walked over to the family. Soon enough, we all headed inside to get the guns, paintballs, helmets, and a few extra things. Nick was ecstatic the whole time, and it made me happy to see him like this. Of course, Nick and I were team captains, so I chose Aster, Dani, Lexi, and Joe's girlfriend, Sophie to all be on my team. It was girls against guys evidently.

When we got out there, it was game on. Aster stuck to me the entire time, not exactly knowing how to play. She got shot in the leg once and green paint splattered almost her whole pant leg. Nick shot me a few times, as well as Joe. Sophie was amazing at it, like she'd played hundreds of times. Of course, when I asked them, she was quick to say yes.

After we played for about two hours, it was time to go home. It was going on 3:30 PM, and I had dinner reservations for Nick and I had at 5. My kids all piled back into the SUV, after having put on the change of new clothes I made them bring. I was still in the bathroom, making sure my hair and everything looked okay, plus, I still had to put my clean pants on. As I stood in front of the crappy, cracked and dirty mirror in my underwear and blouse, there was a knock on the door.

"Are you almost ready?" It was Nick's voice.

"Just a second babe." I replied, quickly putting on my skinny jeans. I could already see a couple welts forming on my skin from where the paintballs hit me, and I knew that wasn't going to be fun. I shut the light off and left the bathroom, seeing that all the adults were standing in a circle, talking to one another.

"Best birthday ever." My husband kissed me, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me in.

"It's not over yet." I winked.

On the way home, I kept talking up the surprise for tonight that I had planned. Denise offered to watch our kids for the night, but she suggested they stay at her house.

"Shouldn't we get going?" Nick asked a few hours after we were home and the both of us were ready. I'm wearing a simple, black dress and he's got on a gray suit. Particularly my favorite on him.

"The car will be here soon

"The car will be here soon." I smiled.

"You got a car. I can't wait for the what comes next." He put his hands on my hips and kissed me softly. I held his lips on mine for a few moments longer, slipping my arms around his neck. My phone went off, and that meant the car was here.

"Time to go." I said against his lips. We walked out, hand in hand, and the driver opened the back door of the limo for us. We climbed in and I slid across the seat so my husband could sit comfortably. The drive to Craig's was very short, and Nick couldn't get the smile off of his face. Once there, the driver let us out and Nick walked beside me with his arm around my waist loosely. Suddenly, people began saying that it was Nick Jonas and it was his birthday and all of that.

"Oh, Mr. and Mrs. Jonas. We've got your table right this way." The hostess says right away, guiding us to a corner of the restaurant where our table was secluded from everyone.

"I know why you got a car." Nick stated simply.

"And why's that baby?" I smiled widely at him, leaning forward.

"You just wanna get me to drink." He smirked, raising his eyebrow.

"Why would I do that?" I scoffed sarcastically, sipping from the wine the waitress served us.