Confusion

Maybe he judged her too fast, then again maybe this version of Ray wasn't the real one? Unsure which side to buy, whether the militant one that so reminded him of his Carbine, or this softy who seemed to care a whole lot about others, it really tied his tail in a knot. This confusion didn't sit well with him, and as Ray looked up to meet his eyes with a grin, he realized that he'd propped himself in the doorway and had been looking in her direction the entire time. The pair of eyes that had stared at him with so much fondness and care, seemed hollow and distant contradicting the sincere smile the girl wore.

"Everything all right bud?" Rei quizzed only to receive no reply as the golden-tan mouse took his leave. Exchanging looks with Vinnie, she just shrugged her shoulders as the fair-furred Martian and herself stood up- only to pause at the sound of arguing in front of their street.

By the rising tones it seemed serious, and by the broken grammar it became plainly obvious that Limburger had sent his goons to bother them again. "Stay here sweet heart," Vinnie looked the girl in the eye as he placed a comforting hand over her shoulder.

Smiling, Rei nodded at her friend and watched as his figure disappeared behind the wall.

Sighing deeply, Rei finally allowed her eyes to wonder about the small kitchen, her eyes zoomed in on the clock making her jump out of her seat. It was almost time to take her heart medication, and quickly ran off to her bike which was parked in an empty space by the garage's entrance.

She chuckled as her eyes dropped to the tire marks. The sounds of Vinnie's howl in the background made her shake her head with amusement-yup they were at it again and Charlie was having all the fun. Remembering the reason to why she'd run out, quickly popped open the small hand bag that she hung on her handlebars, and quickly searched for the small plastic container.

Already she could feel faint, and according to her doctor if she missed a dose even by five minutes she could either fall over into a seizure or pass out. With all the ruckus, she knew the guys were well under way, and the dance of missiles had resumed. Unfortunately for her the whole garage shook with each explosion, making some loose tires that hung on shelves above her come free. "Ahk!" she yelled as she dodged a few falling debris- diving under the nearest steel table.

As a heavy wheel struck the back of her shoulder, it forced her plastic container out of her hands. Cursing under her breath, Rei docked underneath the metallic table. Spotting the plastic container, hissed under her breath as it slid underneath the shelf. She took the opportunity, and rushed over to try to reach it. Gasping as she felt her fingertips go numb, the girl managed to use a long screwdriver to roll it out. "Yesss!" she exclaimed as she sat atop her knees.

Another cause for irritation played its way into her scene as a stray laser beams struck various areas of the garage making her dock down under the steel table once again. Only after the small tube was shot out of her hand did she hiss and rush over to pull the latch that closed the main metallic sliding door. Once done, she quickly slid over to where her now shattered bottle lay. The girl didn't have that many pills left, but the ones that remained were spoiled now.

Though Rei's vision soon became blurry, she managed to pop a pill into her mouth the moment she'd lost her sight and quickly felt the table for any can of root bear that might have leftovers. Frowning at the taste, the girl found a can with a third of its contents left, and downed the drink and the obnoxiously large pill before it was lights out.

~*~

Quite happy with their victory Charley and the guys returned to their home base only to find that as usual it was caught in the crossfire.

Modo frowned as his attention was drawn to the closed door. That heavy feeling in his gut started tugging again. His tension seemed to have had a domino effect which made everyone else approach with caution. The moment the grey Martian forced open the door what first caught his eye was the small figure that lay across the cold floor by the steel table. "RAY!" he called out before kneeling by her side.