Prologue: Bond

As the days passed, and push turned to shove Ray participated with the raids and scrambles of the Freedom Fighter movement, and not soon after that did they get their leader Stoker back- with the added bonus tied in with the support of the army that Carbine served.

When things settled down a decent notch, Agent Ray managed to get a signal out to the M.I.B. and on the day she was supposed to be retrieved a strange sense of sadness had engulfed her.

The bond she formed with Harley, Vinnie, Modo and Rimfire was one she found very special and personal. Not really seeing eye to eye with Throttle because of his girl, made sure to keep a decent distance to avoid further pointless squabbles.

For reasons unknown to her she never really made-up with Carbine after that reunion weeks ago in the caves. Though, Ray had to admit, the only time they both seemed to agree was only when they'd reinforced that they don't look or act alike.

On rare occasions however, she did manage to speak to Throttle, which always hit a soft spot since she always had a fondness for him. He was always kind and regardless how bad things got, and he always seemed to have her back with his signature wink that he used to tease her with.

Sitting atop a lonely red hill, kept replaying her fond memories with the group she had come to love. Modo had taken a liking to her to the point he started teasing her with his nephew Rimfire, which always fed Vinnie's ego by giving him the push to jump in on the teasing and offer to give tips about females.

Ray learned to see the duo as brothers she'd never had, and though Ray hadn't ever gotten her things back, she did come to find her grandmother's locket on one of the rat raids. The agent never really met her parents and was raised with the only family she'd ever known..Kevin Brown her beloved grandfather and his wife. Opening the locket, stared into the dusty pane that hugged the photographs within. "I'll be home soon.." she smiled.

"Everything all right babe?" came the familiar warm husky voice of Throttle.

Clapping shut the locket quickly stood up straight, " Yea," pausing looked over his shoulder, "What's with all the ruckus?"

In the near distance Vinnie was on a rant with Rimfire teasing the poor teen once again as he tugged on the lad's ear. "So cute!" Vinnie's teasing high tones could be heard in the near distant background, making Ray chuckle.

"Ah the usual," Throttle responded casually. "Wanna go for a walk?"

0 0 0

Raising a quizzical eyebrow, Ray stared at the tanned Martian with the shades, "You sure that's all right with the Mrs?" she joked.

Hearing him cough an awkward laugh just found his next play of words quite childishly cute, "Ehm, well, we're not..not yet..I mean." Watching Throttle stutter was always something very hilarious,, and something he seemed to do only when talking with her. Yes she knew how to tug on his tail..his weakness was Carbine and for some reason or other he always felt awkward talking about her with the human fae.