Memories of A Better Time

A few days after the incident with the Road Ravens, things at the Last Chance Garage had finally gone back to normal. With the chorus of tone deaf mice singing to their favorite metal rock radio station, Charlene Davidson couldn't help but join in on the party. The issue of Rei seemed to have been washed off as some distant dream.

The M.I.B. had reassured the band that Rei was in their private hospital in New York and was doing pretty well adjusting to the new lifestyle. Though the girl was well, Charlene was notified that Rei was still unable to take calls, and would alert her of any direct changes should some arise.

"Hey bro, guess who's turn it is to go on a beer run!" Vinnie elbowed Throttle with a big buck-toothed grin.

"Hey hey, don't pin it on me bro, heh you already know how that goes," the golden tanned Martian chuckled.

Modo broke in, "Na-ah, your turn to do the time bro, I did it yesterday," he laughed heartily before Vincent added, "And I did it the day before."

Modo turned to Charlie with a grin and started to help her set the dinner table With the scent of hotdogs boiling in the kitchen, Modo commented, "Mm-mm-mmm smells good Charlie girl," he beamed.

"Oh fine," Throttle gave in before setting out, "You clowns better not have guzzled down all the dogs by the time I get back," he threatened before revving his engines and speeding off to the nearest 7-11.

Smiling with his eyes to the sky, took off his helmet enjoying the cool breeze that blew past, his bright red eyes seemed to point at a small red dot in the sky. What he'd do to be back on Mars again..

As the fellow dropped his gaze into the reflecting image of himself upon the pane of his full faced helmet, he couldn't help the bittersweet taste that it left in his mouth. During the past few days all he could think of was Rei- it puzzled him greatly. It was almost as if he'd missed that old spark she had..spark for him that is. Frowning put his helmet back on and shook the thought off, "It's stupid," he declared. What was he thinking? His heart belonged to Carbine, and Carbine alone..didn't it? Then what was this doubt?

"Hey buddy how may I help you?" came the cashier's voice from the door, "Le'me guess..a crate of root bear right?" chuckling the young man beamed.

Waving at the familiar face chuckled, " You got that right. Heh heh." Sighing deeply as the crate was loaded onto the back of his bike,Throttle paid the bill only to turn to the young man, "Thanks! Ride free citizen!" he hollered as he sped off into the night. It didn't take long for him to return to the Last Chance Garage, though a tug in his gut forced him to just pause for a moment and turn to face the sky once more. If only he had someone to talk to about these things.."Sighs.."

"What's tuggin' your tail bud?" came a familiar sarcastic inquisition.