Chapter 19

Emma's P.O.V

I looked at the phone vibrating on my desk. I was back at work after the morning expedition I had at Tyler's house. My nosy boss called and threatened me to come to work today. Seems like Eli did a poor job in covering up for me.

I answered my phone with a sigh. It was from an unknown number.

"Hello?", I questioned curiously.

"We are going on a date tonight. Be ready at 7. I'll be coming to pick you up at your house", a husky voice replied and then hung up.

I just stared at my phone as if it had gone mad.

What did just happen?

Who the hell was that anyway?

Oh wait!

I know who it was! It was him!

That bastard! 

I'm going to kill him!  

First he puts me into trouble by making me do lots of explaining to my dear workmates and now he wants me to go on a date with him.

Does he think that I'm jobless or something?

I inwardly snorted.

Mr. Martinez you can fly a freaking kite for all I care!

Be ready at 7?

My lips curled into a humourless smirk.

My ass! Wait and watch what's going to happen grim face!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I entered the IAE building and headed straight to Martin's office. Martin was on a call and he looked up and smiled as I entered. He motioned for me to wait. I nodded at him and looked around the room, admiring its interior design.

DON'T EMMA! DON'T! 

Don't think about him for God's sake! You are here to teach him a good lesson remember! 

An hour after that asshole's phone call my shift ended. So I decided to spend my time here tonight to get rid of him and his so called 'date'.

"Hello? Earth to Emma!", I was brought back to reality as my eyes focused on Martin's hand waving infront of my face.

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and rushed to give him a hug.

"Martin! I missed you!"

After a few seconds of basking in his fatherly warmth, I pulled back only to find him looking at me with a wierd expression.

"Are you okay?", he then asked, his face etched with fake concern as his hand rested on my forehead, checking my temperature.

I snapped his hand away and fake-glared at him only to watch him break into a wide grin.

"What? Can't a human hug another human?", I told with my arms crossed over my chest as I still pretended to be mad at him.

He chuckled.

"I agree that humans hug each other. The issue here is that I highly doubt whether you are one", he then replied with a cheesy grin.

"Ouch! That hurt!", I rubbed my chest and sighed dramatically.

"Enough with the drama. Tell me what got you all cheesy on me", he asked, throwing me a playful wink.

I clapped my hands excitedly as I jumped up and down.