Stars

"I love when you pullin' up in your Jeep, bumpin' all your beats,

Js on, with your shades on, just to bring me something to eat...

You the man up in these streets, but when it comes to my heart,

That don't mean a thing, no...

So I hop up in your ride - Ooh, it's hot as hell outside;

Got the top down with the doors off with your hand on my thigh...

Drive slow... take your time...

Every little thing you do got me feeling some type of way;

When you gimme that thunder, you make my summer rain...Every day, every day...

And it won't stop...

And it won't stop... Yeah..."

The radio was playing one of my favorite songs. I sat on the top part of the seat in the back, while the wind blew whipped around my hair behind me.

The car was fast. I lifted up one of my hands to the side and felt the cold air rush through my hand. The sun was setting, like a layer of pinks and oranges across the sky.

After about twenty minutes, Mattie turned and smiled at me.

"We're here."

I looked around. We were pulling up on to a beach. I took in a soft breath. It was beautiful. The waves were lapping up on the shore, making queit whispers. The sun had dissapered over the ocean, and the black night was casting a dark shadow over the water. The stars shown throughnthe black, like diamonds set into fabric.

I was the first to get out of the car. I stood up and the seat, pulled off my heels, and dropped off the edge of the door. The sand felt cool under my feet, and as I walked, it shifted in between my toes and under my arch. I turned and laughed.

"Mattie, come on!" I giggled. He opened the car door and threw off his shoes as well. He ran over to me and picked me up. We kissed and fell on to the sand.  We lay there for what seemed like hours, staring up at the stars. I broke the silence.

"Mattie...?"

"Yeah, Syd?"

"Why did you bring me here?"

"because I wanted to show you them."

"What?"

"The stars, Sydney."

"Why?"

"Because they represent us."

"What do you mean?"

"Look at them, Syd. They are all there, and some of them go out, but in the end, they will always be there. That's us."

"Okay."

"Syd?

"Baby?"

"I love you. I love you so much."

"I love you too."

We lay there, looking up to the sky.