Protected

Friday night came around,and I had to wear something nice. I looked in my closet and picked out a gray crop top that said 'whatever' in black lettering. I had bought black skinny jeans from Forever 21 the other day and decided to throw them on as well.

I finished off the outfit with large hoops and bangles. I curled up my hair and put on eyeliner. I decided on a cat eye and dark lip gloss.

When Mattie came to pick me up, he came in a black sports car that I had never seen. As I pulled open the car door and took my place on the leather seat, I asked,

"Baby, who's car is this?"

"It's mine! I just got it from my uncle, I thought I'd try it out."

"It's nice, I like it."

We drove across the river to New Jersey. It turned out that this guy's house was in the suburbs of New Jersey, and when we rolled down the block, I could already hear the pumping bass and the shouts coming from the house.

When we stepped in, Trey immediately stepped in and introduced himself.

"Ay, Mattie! What's good? I heard you got yourself a girl!"

"Yeah, this is Sydney."

"Hey, girl. You got yourself a catch over here!"

"Yeah, I love him. He's a good boy." I giggled.

Mattie saw some friends and made his way over, leaving me to socialize. I met a few people, danced a bit. There was a group of girls who pulled me in, mainly Shawna. She was fun to talk to. We all danced together, until a guy started to wander over to us.

He took one look at me and said,

"Aye, what's yo name shawty?"

He said smirking at me.

"Derek, she ain't interested-"

"Shawna, save some air, shut your face." Derek said as he shoved her aside. I looked away in disgust.

"Sydney, girl, just ignore him..." Shawna tried to cut in.

"So your names Sydney, yeah? Alright then Sydney, why don't you, uh, let me show you round the place?"

"How about no." I said trying to turn away.

"Bitch, I don't think so." Derek grabbed my arm and pulled me across the floor and up the stairs. I struggled to get away but he was too strong.

"Get the hell off me, you bum ass-"

"Ay, ho, you watch your mouth." He growled as he pulled me into a dark room and shut the door.

"Now... we gonna have some fun."

"Don't you even try, thirsty ass-"

"Enough! If you don't cooperate, bitch I'm gonna-" he was cut off by the door slamming open.

"Ay, back off."

"The hell are you doin up here? Get your ass out-" He was cut off again by a punch from the guy standing at the door.

"The hell-" he stepped back.

Another punch was thrown and it turned into a full-out fight. People starting crowding around the door and shouting, but the fight continued. After a while there was a final punch thrown, and someone fell down.

The winner stepped into the light. It was Mattie. I just stepped over and kissed him. Hard. The people at the door yelled. After they had cleared out, we broke apart and I grabbed Mattie's collar.

"Thank you."

"I'm sorry this happened, Sydney."

"It's good. It's okay."

After that, we shut the door.