Surprise Part Two

Finally, the dance rolled around. I knew that the second part of Mattie's surprose was coming, and I couldn't wait to see what it was. I tried to think of what it could be, but all of my guesses just wound up swimming quickly in and out of my mind. 

I put on the dress, and heels. Straight hair, black liner, and pale pink lips. I'm ready.

I ran down to the lobby just in time to see him standing there checking his watch.

"Hello, handsome."

He whipped around and smiled brightly. He was wearing a black shirt and jeans.

"Wow. You look amazing. I knew that dress would be perfect."

He was right. The light blue color and loose but sexy fit of the dress went perfectly with my skin.

"Thank you baby. I can't believe you would buy this for me."

"I love you, Syd."

He kissed me, and led me outside. We walked to the venue where the dance was. When we entered, Mattie said he had to do something, and walked away. I saw my friends and went to dance.

"Hey girl, where's Mattie?"

"Ah, I don't know. But it's okay."

Just then, Mattie imerged from the crowd and grabbed my arm.

"C'mon."

I giggled, and followed hime through the crowded dance floor. I was surprised when we stopped in front of the emergency exit, and Mattie pushed through the door.

"Baby, where are we going?"

"Syd, you have to trust me. It's a surprise, isn't it?"

He pulled me through the door, and into the evening air. I saw a car waiting, a black convertable. One of Mattie's friends that was at the party sat in the driver's seat. 

"C'mon, let's go"

Mattie said with a grin as he made towards the car. I smiled slyly and climbed into the back, wondering where we were going.