Christmas With His Family

The days to Christmas Eve seemed long. But when it finally did swing around, I made a decision. I didn't want to show up to Mattie's house looking like a slut. No straight hair, no smokey makeup, no tight clothes.

I dug around in my closet, and found something decent. Skinny jeans and a sky blue tank top. I looked over to my dresser and saw a white knit sweater in one of my open drawers.

I was just putting on some lip balm when I saw Mattie walking down my block. I smiled and grabbed my purse as I ran out the door. I stumbled down the stairs and gave a small wave to the door man.

As I burst through the glass double doors to the street, I slammed into Mattie and he wrapped me in his arms and pulled me close. I laughed into his chest.

"Hey, beautiful."

"Hey."

"Hey? That's all I get?"

"Oh shut up."

"Alright, alright, I get you," I pulled away and gave him a pec on the lips. He smiled and gave me a quick look over. "you look... different."

"What?"

"It's... good. I like it. It's more... you."

"Okay. Let's go."

~•~

When we arrived at Mattie's house, we were immediately greeted by his mother.

"Sydney, baby, how you been? We haven't seen you in a while."

"I've been great, Mrs. Freedhill. Thank you so much for inviting me."

"Oh, baby, we wouldn't want you to be all alone on a holiday! Now come, come, dinner's all set up. Mattie, get her a plate."

Mattie chuckled to himself and started towards the kitchen. Mrs. Freedhill ushered me to my seat. Mattie's dad gave me a friendly hello and offered me some chicken.

Dinner passed without a bump, and before I knew it, Mr. and Mrs. Freedhill had left for their cruise. I was sitting on his couch, in front of his Christmas tree, when he walked in wearing a gray tee shirt and sweatpants.

"Hey, you changed."

"Yeah, I'd rather be comfortable. I thought you wouldn't mind."

"I don't." Mattie fell to the couch and kissed my cheek. I let out a content sigh. There was a slight pause.

"Sydney, will you stay here tonight?"

"Mattie..."

"We don't have to do anything you don't want to. I just don't want to be here without you tonight."

"I... I don't know..."

"Please."

I closed my eyes and let out a breath.

"Okay. Just for tonight."

"Good." Mattie pulled my body closer. I could feel his moist breath on my neck. He ran his hand over my thigh. I grabbed his other hand that was wrapped around my shoulder. He slipped his finger into one of my belt loops, and pulled me around to face him. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his strong torso.

I could feel his muscles through the thin fabric of the shirt. He slipped his hand under the hem of my tank top and kissed my neck. I could feel his warm hand on the base of my spine.

I grabbed his cheek and kissed him on his lips. They were soft, and warm. After we broke apart I laid my head on his chest and felt his breathing steady.

"Sydney?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you. I want you to know to know."

"I know. I love you to."

After that, we stayed on the couch with each other all night.