Temporary

Sydney was awoken by her phone, which was lighting up and vibrating to Fancy, by Iggy Azelea. She groaned. Who the hell calls at, what, three in the morning? She groped around for her buzzing phone on her bedside table, and when she finally found it, the caller ID said 'Mattie'.

"Mattie," she said grogily, "what the hell?"

"I have something important to tell you!"

"It couldn't have waited untill eight?"

"No..."

"Okay, okay, what is it?"

"Okay, so, when I went to tour the college campus, there was this guy, and he introduced me to a bunch of his friends, right?"

"Mmhm baby?"

"So, they just invited me camping!"

"Mmm that's good baby. When do you leave?"

"Actually, babe, this is my goodbye. I'm leaving in fifteen minutes."

Sydney bolted upright.

"What?! Mattie, how long you gonna be gone?"

"...Well..."

"Mattie, tell me."

"Two weeks, baby."

"TWO WEEKS?!"

"Now baby, calm down-"

"Mattie, what the hell? We were gonna go somewhere this Friday, we were gonna chill all weekend!"

"Baby, this is really important to me! Why can't you just be happy for me?"

"Because, your blowing me off for your stupid friends, who you don't even know that well! Mattie, this is our last year together!"

"Sydney, I'm sorry-" Mattie was cut off by a car honking, and a girl yelling 'Come on, Mattie!' 

"Okay, Sydney? I have to go. Thay don't have phone signal so we can't call or text or anything-"

"Bye, Mattie." Sydney hung up and threw her phone against the wall. When was she ever going to spend time with Mattie?