Chapter 2 - High Rises and Forests

Playlist:

❶ "Lunar Dreams"—Apollo 13 OST

⊘ Silence

❷ "Theme from A Summer Place"—A Summer Place OST

❸ "Parade of the Ewoks"—Return of the Jedi OST

❹ "Rose's Theme"—Titanic OST

❺ "Leaving Hogwarts"—Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone OST

❶ Luke and Naluma strolled along the five kilometers of urban, concrete sprawl to their hotel after landing the shuttle at the spaceport

❶ Luke and Naluma strolled along the five kilometers of urban, concrete sprawl to their hotel after landing the shuttle at the spaceport. They reveled in the new skyline with multiple towers obscuring the view of the distant mountains, often stopping to share a kiss in front of the blinking billboards.

Their destination, the Hosnian Prime Hotel, had opened two months earlier. Its 140 stories dwarfed the surrounding hotels, while its chrome trim and art-deco architecture hearkened back to the glory days of the Galactic Republic. According to the brochure Janna had provided, every suite boasted a sitting room, a luxurious bedroom with an over-sized bed, and even its own terrace with thermal tub.

The contemporary suite décor in chrome and white contrasted with the academy's woodsy lodge. An expansive piece of plas-glass with privacy shielding divided the suite from their terrace that overlooked the congested city, with the mountains rising in the background.

Luke and Naluma spent the next few days in luxury neither of them had ever known. While they curled up on a lounge on the terrace watching the city lights flicker in the twilight, Luke asked, "What time is it?"

"Almost 1800."

He yawned and stretched his arms. "I must have drifted off for a bit."

"Drifted off? You were developing your own wind tunnel out here with your snoring."

"I do not snore." Luke tickled her sides, causing her to jump and scream. He chased after her into the suite, collapsing on the bed next to each other with their legs hanging off the edge.

He turned his head to the left and stroked her face, dragging his fingers down her neck lightly. "What do you want to do tonight? It's our last night."

"After Chinot's?" Naluma smiled and lowered her head in bashfulness, peeking her eyes at him. "I don't know."

"It's your last night in civilization for a while. Pick something."

"Danc—" Naluma sat up and tilted her head. "What do you mean last night in civilization?"

Luke sat up and smiled at her. "We're going camping—"

"What? Really?" Naluma grabbed his neck and pulled it close to her as she met his mouth with her lips.

Luke pulled away. "Don't start that yet. We'll be late for our reservation."