Chapter 58 - I Won't Leave You

The weather was finally warming up on Khalkha

The weather was finally warming up on Khalkha. The Jedi had all flown in for the graduation. Luke was home.

Baby Anakin would be here early, the doctor had said. Probably in just a few weeks instead of next month. Naluma could not wait to meet him. She rested her hand on her belly, feeling her son's life-Force, feeling the baby's emotions—love, contentment, peace. She smiled as sent her love back to him.

He kicked his legs in joy, sending sharp pains into her rib cage. "Ow!" she grunted.

Luke looked over at her, a dreamy smile on his face. He was at the desk in their study, working through the supply orders for the next few months, preparing for Naluma's maternity leave—permanent leave from the academy. "You okay?"

She nodded with a broad smile from the sofa. She was leaning back against the armrest with her swollen ankles propped up with pillow. A roaring fire blazed behind her in the fireplace. "Anakin's a little excited. Kicked my ribs." She massaged the area and then traced the outline of her baby boy as she felt his dimensions through the Force.

Luke set down the datapad before joining his wife. He lifted her torso and sat with her head resting on his chest. He laid his hands on her belly, feeling his son. Anakin. This is Daddy.

The same feeling of love came through, but Naluma could tell the difference in focus.

I love you, my son. Try not to kick Mommy too hard.

She giggled at the thought, knowing Anakin was unable to comprehend such complex thoughts. She reached up and kissed Luke. "You're such a goofball."

"That's 'Master Goofball' to you."

She laughed again, causing another pain to jerk through her body. "Don't make me laugh, Luke. Oooh."

"Is he still kicking?"

"No. It wasn't a kick. Just a sharp pain." She put her hand on her lower back, massaging the cramp.

"You sure you want to leave? Not come back here?"

She nodded. "We're all set. I can't explain it, but I know it's not safe here for Anakin."

"But will Tatooine be any safer?"

"It was for you. You can get lost in all that sand."

"You can get killed there, too. If the First Order finds out who he is . . ."

"The Hutts kept the Imperials at bay. They'll keep the First Order out."

Luke shook his head.

Naluma grabbed his hand, holding it in silence. As their worry crossed their Force-bond, their love moved across, building each other up. "Luke."

"Yeah?"

"Have you had any Force-visions recently?"

"Just one."