Chapter 7 - Searching for Leia

Playlist:

❶ "Pieces of a Story"—The Last of the Mohicans OST

❷ "Han and Leia"—The Force Awakens OST

❶ After four months of smuggling, Chewie argued with Han about returning to Hosnian Prime

❶ After four months of smuggling, Chewie argued with Han about returning to Hosnian Prime. The humongous, brown-furred Wookiee roared and grumbled at his business partner, shaking his long arms for emphasis.

The dark-haired freighter captain frowned at his co-pilot, waving his finger in defense. "I don't care what you left there ... I'm not going back." I'm not going back." He stared out at the streaming, blue stars through the cockpit windows, past the webbed, pockmarked panes, and slipped into the captivating distraction of hyperspace.

Han Solo, captain of the Millennium Falcon and husband to Leia Organa, princess and senator, pursed his lips together. "She doesn't want me, Chewie. She threw me out."

He slouched in his captain's chair and crossed his arms over his leather jacket. "She's got to make the first move this time." He turned a pilex driver over in his hand, dwelling on his situation. But what if she doesn't?

Sensing his mood, Chewbacca turned to his flight duties as they prepared to exit hyperspace for another shipment retrieval. The Outer Rim had turned out to be quite profitable in the last few months.

One night when Han was in his bunk, Chewie programmed the hyperdrive computer for Hosnian. Han awoke to the sublight alarm. He looked at the destination—Hosnian Prime. Han raked his fingers through his hair while marching into the cockpit.

"Chewie, I told you I wasn't coming back here."

Chewie argued some more as he set the YT 1300 freighter down on the landing pad. He cut the engines and shut down the main power.

"Fine, but I'm not leaving the ship," Han said.

Chewie rumbled at him.

"Get out of here. I'm not going anywhere."

Han leaned back in the captain's chair with his arms crossed, fuming.