Chapter 17 - Confronting Snoke

The First Order left Luke alone for most of the next day. Luke wondered if they were going to leave him there to rot or if they were planning something worse.

A rap on the cell door echoed in the tiny room, startling Luke from his meditation. A muffled voice crackled over the intercom. "Open up."

"No."

"Food and water."

"Leave it in front of the door. I'll get it when you have left the deck." Luke heard them set the tray down, but he did not sense them leave the brig. "I'm still waiting."

After what seemed at least a half hour, the knights moved beyond Luke's senses.

They might still be in the room, but beyond that shield I can't breach. Well, if I can't breach it, they surely can't. They aren't that powerful.

He found the detention area empty when he opened the door. He caught the outline of stormtrooper armor beyond the detention center blastdoor, but the knights and the guards in this intermediary room were gone.

Luke grabbed the tray. He sniffed both the water and the food. He dipped his tongue into the cup, counting to one hundred and running through the symptoms of poisoning. No tingling, no hallucinations, no odd flavors. He sipped again and then chugged the rest of the glass, his parched throat welcoming the musty water.

The Jedi stared at the food, longing for it, but not willing to take the risk. There was no way to judge its safety. Guess it's meditation and water for a few days. Not the first time. Won't be the last, I'm sure.

A few hours—or maybe even the next day, as time was difficult to judge in the cell—the Knights of Ren appeared with another tray and an announcement

A few hours—or maybe even the next day, as time was difficult to judge in the cell—the Knights of Ren appeared with another tray and an announcement. "The Supreme Leader has requested your presence."

Leaving the manacles on his bunk, Luke opened the blastdoor. He presented himself to his captors, ignoring the water and the sustenance. "Let's not keep him waiting."

Confused again at their captive's actions, the Knights of Ren encircled him with lightsabers drawn, points mere centimeters from his tender flesh.

"Those won't be necessary." Luke waved his hand, thrusting their sabers out of their hands.

He grinned as the Knights scrambled to retrieve the extinguished blades. 

When one of the knights attempted to reignite his saber, Luke raised his eyebrows and shook his head. The knight returned the hilt to his belt.

 The knight returned the hilt to his belt