Chapter 52 - Connecting with Dad

Luke accompanied Naluma to the lab, bucket in hand

Luke accompanied Naluma to the lab, bucket in hand. Even though she had not eaten anything in over fourteen hours, her stomach still rebelled at the tiny amount of water trickling down her throat from the ice cubes. Because of the amount of blood the lab med tech withdrew, he required Naluma to drink some saft and eat some bread before leaving.

When they arrived at the examination appointment, Med Tech Budi weighed Naluma, took her vitals, and handed her a towel and a sheet. "Dr. Joloah will perform a complete examination. Later, the image tech will administer an holographic examination."

Dr. Joloah was reading the lab results on his datapad as he entered the examination room. "Master Fau, Master Skywalker, congratulations. You are definitely pregnant."

Luke and Naluma rolled their eyes at each other, thinking in unison, As if we didn't already know that. They both chuckled. Then Naluma grabbed her bucket, the laughter causing her stomach to rebel yet again.

"Nothing too far out of the ordinary, but I do have a few concerns. You're fifteen kilos below the weight you were the last time you were here. Your lab results show that you're dehydrated and anemic as well. How's the nausea?"

"I haven't been able to hold anything down for two weeks—not even water."

"I didn't realize it was this extensive." Dr. Joloah pressed a few buttons on his datapad. A mechanical arm dropped from the ceiling, and Dr. Joloah attached an intravenous drip into Naluma. "This is for the nausea and dehydration. Now, let's find out how it is doing."

"His name is Anakin, doctor," Naluma said as she gulped down the nausea. "I'd prefer you not to refer to our son as an it."

"Have you had an exam already?"

Luke said with a smile, "Jedi powers extend beyond fighting. We can feel him in the Force."

The doctor continued his thorough examination. He continued to make notes on her chart. "Well, almost everything looks normal, but I'm admitting you to be on the safe side."

"Admitting me?"

"Yes, until you can hold food down for twenty-four hours."

Naluma looked at Luke.

"Don't worry. Ben will be here a while longer. I'll just split my time between each wing. When one of you throws me out, I'll just go to the other one." He smirked at her.

Naluma giggled and then heaved again. "Oh, don't make me laugh."

The image tech entered with her equipment.

"Time for the hologram," Dr. Joloah said.

The image tech looked at Naluma, deciding which sleeve to use. "Hmm, you are a tiny one. Take the robe off, dearie. You don't have anything these two haven't seen before," the older woman said.