collide

My fingers stroke his scalp as he sleeps, his coal black hair becoming a tousled mess.

My body feels a dull ache for him. I crave closeness. I want to immerse myself in his touch and skim his skin with my lips.

Is it possible to miss someone when they're lying right beside you? Because he's in my arms but the space between us is still too much, leaving me empty.

The space feels like bullet holes.

He's all lashes and cheekbones; a full soft mouth I could kiss until the end of time, just to fill those spots.

There's nothing to do but listen to the soothing sound of the rain. So I do.

And I pull him closer, feeling the outline of his ribs like wings beneath his skin.

His eyelids flutter open and he smiles at me.

My heart is fleeting.

"Hope I wasn't asleep long," he says groggily. He rubs at his eyes wearily and I laugh, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

It's happening.

So fast and so hard I'm plummeting towards the ground. Gravity doesn't have to do anything.

I sit up suddenly, glancing at the ticking clock on the wall.

Shit.

"Zayn, I should get going," I whisper.

"Wait."

He sounds anguished.

"There's just one thing," he murmurs.

"What would that be?"

"Kiss me in the rain."

I want to laugh at the sappy proposal but deep down I know I want it just as bad as him.

The rain soaks our clothes and drenches my hair. It's frigid cold and I shiver but his warm thumbs swipe across my cheeks and trail down my neck. He lets his lips rest there and his teeth mark up my skin, before his tongue flicks over the assaulted flesh.

the thoughts
in my head
flow steadily
like a stream
but my heart
babbles
like a brook

As cold as the downpour is, it's my heart that shivers.

Again and again and again.

His hands fist in my thick coils and he sighs into my mouth, like he's never been so content in his life and fuck it's beautiful. His tongue curls around mine and I try to make sense of it all.

i've never understood
the language
of love,
he says he would
teach me
but he can't
quite put it
into words

He kisses me until I'm delirious and can't remember my name.

It's something with an H but I can't quite grasp it.

Despite all the oxygen in the world, I can't seem to muster any breath.

My thoughts are incoherent and he knows

he's

u
n
r
a
v
e
l
l
i
n
g

m
e

His knuckles graze over my jaw and it's everything.

Now is breath is hot and

s
t
a
g
g
e
r
d,

his tongue promising things.

He pulls away, his pink lips tugging upward...so soft and so pastel they look like a new eraser.