some sink, others float

"Steal another fry, see what happens."

"Oh, so you can steal my heart but I can't steal a french fry?"

"Shut up," he chuckles. I'll order you some damm fries."

"No," I blurt. "We should share a chocolate milkshake."

"Harry, did you agree on California just because you wanted to eat In-N-Out Burger?"

"Nooooo, why would you think that?"

"Fine but I hope you realize all of this food goes straight to your thighs."

"Or my ass, pancake."

"That's it. No milkshake."

I laugh and strain to kiss him across the table.

He sighs as he stands up. "I like your chunky thighs, I guess I'll order a milkshake."

"Chunky? Excuse you mister."

He smirks and I start to wonder if he's right. Maybe I'm getting fat. I did have to squeeze into my jeans yesterday and...

"You're bloodly perfect Harry," he says as he sits down, poking two straws into the cup.

"Well duh."

"Why are you doubting yourself?"

"I...how do you know I was?"

He looks up at me from under those long lashes and replies "because I know you and I love you. I love every inch of you."

"Zayn stop," I blush. "I'm definitely forcing you to swim now."

"Zwimming isn't my thing."

"I see what you did there," I laugh. "There's a pool at our hotel. Why don't we start with that before testing the ocean?"

"I've been in a pool before."

"Even better," I grin. "Why so nervous?"

"I...I stayed in the shallow. Mason tried to pull me to the deep end and I had a panic attack."

"Okay," I say licking my lips. "I'm not going to do that to you. We won't go into the deep end until you're ready."

...

"You're so fit," I compliment. It makes him slightly less nervous.

"Just wanna touch you," he mumbles and squirts some sunscreen onto my back.

His hands massage it in, his fingers working diligently.

"You're so pale, think you can pick up a tan?"

"Probably not."

He hums against my skin, his lips meeting my neck.

"Zayn," I moan as he nibbles on my ear.

"No swimming. Let's just make love. Come on Harry, we can have mimosas and kiss until we're dizzy."

It sounds tempting and I nearly give in.

"Nice try. Come on babe."

He groans and dips his feet in the water. I jump into the deep end and swim over to him, my ringlets drenched. I smile and splash him playfully but he isn't amused.

"Zayn," I whine.

"I'm drowning Harry."

"You're not even in the pool," I chuckle. He meets my gaze, his expression completely serious.