news

"Hey, hey move," I push through the large crowd congregating in the hallway.

"Niall," I shout, spotting his bleach blonde head of hair in the mass of people. "What's going on?"

"Dunno, everyone is in a frenzy."

buzzing like some heat maddened fly

I'm in trouble, I think. Everyone knows. They know about Zayn and I. I start sweating profusely, beads of sweat collecting at my temple.

Then I see a flicker of fiery red hair out the corner of my eye.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Are my eyes deceiving me or are people staring daggers? Are they whispering about me? How could they know?

I told the lads but surely they didn't tell anyone. Maybe someone saw us together. I warned Zayn that we needed to be careful...Sam. If she knew she'd exploit us immediately. The bitch probably told the whole school.

"Ed," I say breathlessly. "What in the hell is the meaning of this?"

"You don't know?"

I shake my head confused, blurting out words. "Fuck," I tug at my curls.

I'm in so much trouble. I could get expelled. He probably lost his job. Oh god. My stomach wrenches and I nearly hurl, my legs wobbling.

He steadies me, his eyes searching mine. "Harry, what are you to Zayn?"

Everything. He's my everything. I've never loved someone so fully. I'm his and he's mine.

"I...we're nothing I swear," I spit out.

The bitter lies keep sputtering out. "I don't know what is happening right now. Frankly, I don't care. I have my own problems."

Lies. Lies. Fucking lies. Of course I care. My heart is pounding so loud I can't think straight. I can barely breathe and he knows.

He knows.

I clutch onto him, a sudden wave of dizziness washing over me.

"Harry," his voice is muffled.

There's a ringing in my ears that won't stop. The outline of his face blurs as a tightness grows in my chest, like someone tied a rope around it and is pulling it tauntly, restricting my breathing.

His lips are moving, forming words that sound like silence. He waves his hand frantically in front of my face and everything is spinning.

All the faces, the walls, my heart.

Spinning like a carousel.

And I'm unbelievably dizzy.

First spin on a Ferris Wheel dizzy. Trying to dance after three beers dizzy

I see spots of color. Blobs that are actually backpacks, moving squares that are just the floor tiles and blaring lights that usually seemed so dim.

And then everything goes black.

...

"Are you hungry H?" Niall munches on a bag of crisps as Louis and Liam whisper, Liam's hand placed comfortingly over his boyfriend's knee.

"You need some water Harry." Lou hands me a bottled water which I chug down, my throat feeling as dry and arid as the desert.

"Am I in trouble?"

Liam knits his brows together. "Why would you be in trouble for passing out?"