unanswered calls

"Is the print too busy?"

He snickers and I frown before glancing at the full length mirror again.

"Seriously babe? That's your style. Besides, anything looks good on you. You could made a garbage bag trendy."

I laugh and wrap my arms around him, my head resting on his shoulder.

"But it's your credit card."

"Don't care," he mumbles. "You're worth it."

"Ever made out in a fitting room?"

He shakes his head and I clutch onto the tail of his shirt, fisting it up in my hand.

"First for everything," he beams.

He turns to face me, our warm bodies pressed against each other.

"Fuck you look good in glasses."

He gives a little smirk and it drives me wild. My lips find his and my arms loop loosely around his neck. I pant into his mouth and he presses me against the wall.

It's cold and it makes me shiver but his body is feverish, his lips hungry. My heart is thudding so loud in my chest I can't hear my thoughts.

I don't care if we're not the only ones in here. It feels like there's no one else in the world.

"What do you want to do today," his breath ghosts my neck.

I'm about to respond when his teeth tug at my earlobe and I can't find words. I can't even summon any breath. A small little gasp escapes my mouth as his lips move to suck love bites into my neck. My heartbeat is erratic, frantically pounding away as he locks my arms up over my head and pulls off my shirt.

"Shhh, we gotta be quiet babe."

His hands roam over my torso and his fingers stop at my right nipple, rolling it slowly. My teeth sink into my bottom lip and I fight back a moan.

The vibration of his phone in his pocket makes him stop. He fumbles for it, his face dropping before he presses decline.

I try to pretend I didn't see the name that flashed across the screen but it's unnerving so I pull away.

"Sorry. I can't do this."

"This has nothing to do with us being in a fitting room, does it?"

I shake my head silently and he cups a hand behind my head.

We swap saliva once again and share oxygen. He's pouring everything he has into this kiss but I don't need convincing.

When he moves away he smiles gently, realizing the fragility of the moment.

"I just want you to know," he exhales softly. "There's a reason I didn't answer the call."

...

The slip of paper flitters before settling on the quilt.

Unanswered calls but never you. I always heed your call.

"Sorry," he mutters. Our fingers brush as he leans down to pick it up.

A sharp gust of wind blows my hair and it's a disheveled mess. He chuckles and tousles it more. I steal his chocolate covered strawberry just to get even.

"Never been on a picnic. Sam wasn't the type."

He frowns and takes a sip of his lemonade before scribbling something in his notebook.