Ch.29

Ch29

Elizabeth thought that it was amazing how things could turn upside down in the blink of an eye. Elizabeth stumbled after Cole trying to talk some sense into him.

"How can you be sure it was him? We should make sure first." Elizabeth said.

"You're right. We should find him, where is he? I wanna kill him." Cole said, not slowing down. He looked determined on finding Brandon.

"Wait, Cole!" she grabbed his arm and stopped him, "I actually like the pictures of you."

"Liz, you don't have to lie. That was the worst day of my life." Cole replied.

"No, I mean-" Elizabeth sighed, "I mean I like it."

"You already said that."

Elizabeth groaned, "I like it because it reminds me that you were...one of us."

Cole raised an eyebrow. He wasn't getting it. Elizabeth barely understood herself.

"Ok, ok. Rewind." Elizabeth said, "I like the picture because it reminds me of your good side. The side I fell in love with." Elizabeth looked at one of the pictures on the wall, "It's not...that bad."

Cole laughed, "I know it sucks." he pulled her into a tight hug, "But thanks anyway."

"Can you please not beat Brandon up at first sight?" Elizabeth asked.

"It won't be easy, but I'll try." Cole said.

Elizabeth smiled and enjoyed the warmth of the hug while it lasted.

•••

The world started to end for Elizabeth after school. Elizabeth's last two periods didn't include Cole, so she had no idea what was going on with him. She had seen Brandon, but he avoided the Cole problem completely, so she gave up for now. She wasn't convinced that Brandon had been the one to put up the photos of Cole.

Then the school day ended and reality came crashing back like a tidal wave. Elizabeth walked out of the school with Henry and she scanned the crowd of leaving students for Cole. She spotted Brandon and was about to walk over to him when she was pushed to the side.

Elizabeth looked at the figure who had pushed her and her eyes widened. It was Cole, his body language stating that he was furious, and Elizabeth thought she knew why. He was covered in some type of green goo from head to toe that smelled horrible. Like so bad, she could smell it from across the football field.

And he was heading straight towards Brandon like an oncoming train. Elizabeth ran down the front steps of the school after Cole, but she didn't make it in time. Even if she did, she knew she couldn't stop him when he was full hulk.

She watched helplessly as Cole grabbed Brandon by the shirt and dragged him across the grass, away from the crowd of people. Brandon tried to pry himself loose, but Cole's grip was iron tight. Elizabeth ran after them, wondering where Cole was taking him.

They reached the empty east side of the school and Cole dropped Brandon onto the grass like a bag of flour.

"Cole!" Elizabeth stood next to him, catching her breath, but backed up when the smell of the disgusting green goo hit her. "Ugh, what is that stuff?"

"I'd love to know what it is that I just took a shower in." Cole grumbled. He looked at Brandon, his gaze burning.

Brandon scrambled to stand up. He straightened his shirt defiantly and said, "What is your problem, man?"

"My problem?" Cole took a step closer to him and Brandon took a step back, running into the wall. "My problem is your problem!"

"What?" Brandon asked.