Ch.33

Ch.33

Elizabeth followed him until he went through a door marked: Employees only.

Elizabeth hesitated. She wasn't someone who like to break the rules, but she had to know, not just for her sake.

Elizabeth took in a deep breath and twisted the doorknob. She entered the room and looked around. There were a few couches scattered around the small room with a tv and a counter that had a coffee maker on it. There was a door that probably led to a bathroom and a big window on the opposite wall. Thankfully, the only person there was Dr.Mark, who stood at the counter with a cup of coffee in his hands. He looked towards the door and saw Elizabeth.

He smiled at her as she closed the door behind her. "What brings you here, Elizabeth?" he asked her.

Elizabeth's heart pounded. It was none of her business, but she couldn't help it. They had the same smile, same deep voice, and the exact same eyes.

"Uh," Elizabeth laughed nervously, "Doctor, forgive me, but..."

Mark frowned, "What is it? Is it Cole?"

"Kind of." Elizabeth sighed, "Are- do you mind if I ask what your name is?"

"Mark." he replied, "I told you."

"Your...full name."

He hesitated.

Elizabeth held her breath.

Mark started to say, "I don't think that is any of-"

"Arthur." Elizabeth blurted, "Your name is Arthur, isn't it?"

Mark looked like he had been slapped. "Arthur Mark." he said, "How did you know?"

"Cole." Arthur looked like he had been punched as Elizabeth said, "You look so much alike. You're...you're Cole's dad, aren't you?"

Arthur's coffee mug slipped out of his fingers and crashed onto the floor. Elizabeth watched as the cup broke into pieces and the coffee splattered all over the floor.

Suddenly, Arthur took three long steps and he was standing inches away from Elizabeth. Elizabeth backed up into the door and fear sparked inside her.

Arthur hissed, "Who told you?"

"I figured it out." Elizabeth said, doing her best to keep her voice steady.

"You can't tell anyone." Arthur said, desperation clear in his eyes, "Especially not Cole."

"His mom already knows." Elizabeth said, but in truth she was asking.

"She thinks she's seeing things. She thinks it's just another one of her crazy hallucinations. And I want to keep it that way." Arthur said.

Elizabeth opened the door behind her.

Arthur grabbed her arm and said, "Cole will never get better if you tell him know."

Elizabeth fought back tears. "You're a sick man." she said and walked out, slamming the door behind her.

But she knew Arthur knew he had her convinced. She hated it, but she was convinced. Now was not the time. She didn't know if she could keep a secret like that for long, but Cole already had enough problems.

She stopped in front of Cole's hospital door, put on a fake smile, and stepped inside. Cole smiled at her when he saw her with those beautiful blue eyes.

His dad's eyes.

The eyes that would haunt her dreams as long as she kept the secret.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Again thank you for everything!! I wish I knew everyone who read this so I could thank you all personally. :D

Again, a double dedication:

I dedicate this chapter to @Deathbringer and to @butterflyroses12 thank you for everything!! Go check out their stories!! :)