-IV- Fries Before Guys Dude

|Chapter 4|
|Fries Before Guys Dude|

"Calm down, Thea. It's me. The guy you punched."
----------------------------
Thea's P.O.V

  I turn around to meet Hazel eyes. I gulp. "H-Hey," I stutter. "You know sorry about that. Wait no I'm not sorry! You hurt my best friend, even though I just met Devin but I already know he is my best friend. Have you noticed his eyes? Man, they are gorgeous. And his hair! How does it stay so fluffy looking all the time! And he speaks spanish! Finally, I can practice it-" He cuts me off with a hand. He opens his car door and jumps out, leaving it open.

  "Stop rambling. It's cute actually, but I'm not here to 'beat you up'." He mocks. Then he takes a step closer to me. I try to move back but I end up hitting a trash can. I stumble backwards and fall straight on my butt.

  "Ow," I mutter. I hear Hazel eyes laughing at me like crazy. He clutches his stomach as he leans over.

  I place my hands on the cement to pick myself up. Then something grips the back of my shirt and lifts me up.

  A arm wraps around my waist, leaving me immobile to sort of movement. Cold metal is pressed against my temple.

  "Give me your money or I shoot the girl." A gruff voice says. My heart immediately picks up a rapid pace.

  Hazel eyes sobers up and looks at the position I am in. He straightens his spine in an act of defiance. He takes two steps towards us.

  "Don't do this. We will give you what you want just don't hurt her. Put the gun down." He states with his hands up.

  The man presses the gun harder to my temple and moves his arm up to my neck. He lightly squeezes, but just enough to have me struggling for air.

  Perfect, I thought. I pull my elbow back and jam into his ribs before I loose to much oxygen. His grip loosens and I see an opportunity to grab his wrist and twist to my right.

  He moves with his wrist to avoid it breaking, but falls onto his knee allowing me more access. I grab his whole arm and put pressure on his shoulder blade. I notice he still has the gun in his hands.

  "Put the gun down." I state. He doesn't obey. I put more pressure on his shoulder. "I swear I will fucking dislocate your shoulder. Put the damn gun down!" I yell.

  He lets out a cry of pain and drops the gun.

  I look at Hazel eyes who looks at me with shock. "Get the gun and make sure the safety is on. Then empty the clip." I demand.
  I turn my attention back to the man who is still whimpering.

  I lean down to his level and place my lips next to his ear.

  "I'm going to give you one more chance," I whisper. "Either get a job, buy a house and live a nice and long happy life. Or, you continue to try and steal from people. I suggest you chose the first one because if I ever hear that you try to hurt another person, I will hunt you down." I threat.

  I stand up and release my grip. He stands up and runs the opposite direction.

  I look back at Hazel eyes who holds the gun by the nozzle.

  "Anyways," I say. "Thanks for the help." I say sarcastically while taking the gun. He looks at me sheepishly. I empty the clip and toss the bullets in a nearby dumpster. Then I throw the gun as far as I can. "What is your name?"

***

  "So Ryder, where are we going?" I ask. He doesn't answer me. He hasn't talked to me since the whole gun incident.