-XI-Fucking Memories

|CHAPTER TEN|
|FUCKING MEMORIES|

Thea's P.O.V

  I sink into Ryder. I don't know how to react. Ryder has me pressed up against the lockers with his arm encircling my waist.

   My heart beats wildly in my chest. Ryder Connel is kissing me.

   The most popular guy is kissing me. When Ryder pulls away my mind flutters with thousands of thoughts.

   "I.." I try to say. The words chose to disagree to come out my mouth. He smiles at me.

   "Amazing, spectacular, one in a million?" He concedes with a smirk. I glare at him.

   "No, more like unexpected, surprising, and unannounced." Ryder's smirk falls and is replaced with a frown.

   "You didn't like it?" He asks with his scrunched together. I can sense the vulnerability in his voice. I try hard not to awe at it.

   "No, no," I say quickly, "It was...good? I don't know. It was just really unexpected. Considering you were about to cut off my head when you found out."

  Then I remembered Asher and Marune. I groan and bang the back of my head against the row of lockers behind me.

   I'm so dead. Ryder looks at me with concern. I pound my hands on his chest.

   "Crap, crap, crap," I mutter. Ryder grabs ahold of my fists and I look up into his green-gold eyes.

   Wait, green-gold?

   I scrunch my eyebrows. "Since when did you have green-gold eyes?" I ask. He looks at me confused but then realizes what I am talking about.

   "My eyes change color." He says nonchalantly. "Now, why were you beating me earlier?" I feel my cheeks burn.

   "Asher and Marune." I state, waiting for any flicker of panic from him.

  I cross my arms, only to realize Ryder is still pressed up against me. My heart picks up an unnatural pace.

   "What about Asher and Marune?" He questions.

   "About them you know, liking each other," I say, waiting for Ryder to blow his lid. I lower my head.

   "Sweetcake," He says, lifting my chin with his pointer finger, "I've said it before and I will say it again. I don't care. They can love whoever they want. It's their choice of love. Like we have our choice in ours."

   I smile at him. "That's so sweet. So you have actually known this whole time?"

   He nods, "Well it is quite hard to avoid two people, who are your best friends, make googly eyes at each other on a daily basis. Also I walked in on them once." My mouth drops open.

   "W-what?" I stutter out. He laughs.

   "Not like that, Cupcake," His laugh tickles my stomach. "They were kissing that's all I saw."

   I relax slightly, "So they know that you know that they like each other?"

   His small smiles drops into a frown, "Crap," He says. I groan once more and lean my head on his chest.

   "Hey," He says awkwardly rubbing my back, "It will be okay. We can just tell." I look up and narrow my eyes. "Okay, I mean I will just tell them."

   I nod my head and pat his chest. "Now, lets get back-" The noise everyone loves and hates blare through the school. "Never mind," I hear him mutter.