-XXIV- Out

|CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR|
|OUT|

Ryder's P.O.V

  I punch at the pillow. My eyes beg to be closed but my mind restrains them.

It is currently four in the morning and I still haven't slept. For multiple reasons. The sharp pangs in my chest, pondering the reason why Zak actually likes someone, and trying to forget the feel of Theania's lips on mine.

  I groan when another pang hits me. I rub my hand over my chest as I sit up. I for surely am not going to get sleep tonight.

  My phone rings and I pick it up.

Zak to Me: Where are you man? The party is insane!

  Shit. I completely forgot I was supposed to help co-host the party tonight. I shoot a quick text and start to pull on a shirt and some black jeans.

  I grab my keys on the way out and run to my car.

***

  I slam the car door shut. I look at Zak's house, which is now trashed with drunk, horny teenagers.

  All of the lights glow from the midnight darkness. They shine through each window. Red drinking cups and beer cans litter the lawn as wobbly-legged people cross it. Screams and laughter breaks through my thoughts.

  I walk up the path to his front door, which is wide open if I may add, and walk in. A familiar smell of sweat, alcohol, and vomit meet my nose. A multitude of colors move around the room.

  I look around to find Zak. I spot him on the makeshift dancefloor grinding with some blonde girl while holding two tequila bottles.

  "Zak!" I yell. The loud, pulsating music drowns out my voice. I push my way closer and yank his arm as hard as I can.

  In his drunken state he stumbles and gets ready to yell at me. His eyes flicker with familiarity and he smiles.

  "Ryder!" He slurs. "My man! Came here to get your active side on?" I smack him upside the head.

  "No, idiot. I'm here to help host. You obviously done an amazing job." I state sarcastically. 

  His dopey grin turns into a frown. "You sthaying I'm a bad host?" He drops his beer and puts his hands on his hips.

  I cringe as the glass breaks on the floor. People don't even bother to look because they are so wasted.

  I grab Zak by the arm and start pulling him upstairs into his bedroom. "You need to sleep this off man. You're not on drugs right?" I demand while pushing the door to his room open. The music is so loud I can feel the floors vibrating.

  "Why is there a floating unicorn and elf?" He asks staring at the wall beside me. I roll my eyes and smack him upside his head.

  I still can't believe Zak is holding a party right after he went to one three days ago.

  "You're a idiot, Zak," I say while pushing him into his bed. He falls onto his bed dramatically.

  "Why did you push me Mr.Rhino?" He whines and slaps the air around him. I shake my head.

  "The only rhino here is you," I grumble while pulling the covers over him. "Now go to sleep."

  "Read me a story." I turn around.