Chapter 2

2. Awkward But Exciting

On my first day of work experience I was driving in the car with my Uncle. He was telling me about what my job was. My job was to be the assistant of the special celebrities that were performing and spending time at Acer Arena. But he wouldn’t tell me who. It really made me wonder…

When we arrived we walked straight into the Arena. My first job was to take schedules to the celebrities. As I walked to the first rom I kept on thinking, “What if its Justin Bieber or Chris Brown or USHER!!”

I arrived in front of the door, I knock and then enter. There Sitting in front of me was…You will never guess…Rihanna! I got so excited!

‘Hi Rhianna, I’m Sara and I’m going to be your assistant for the time that you are here.’

‘Hey Sara, Its really nice to meet you!’ She said, ‘I know that you just introduced yourself and everything but could you do me a big favour?’

‘Yeah, sure, anything!’ I replied.

‘Could you please-?’

“Choose your next outfit, Do your hair, Have lunch with you?” I thought with excitement!

‘Could you please get me a coffee?’ She said with a wide smile.

‘Yeah, No problem.’ I said a little bit disappointed.

‘Low fat Latte.’ She said whilst tweeting on her phone.

‘I’ll grab it for you in five minutes, I am just going to finish my other job and I’ll be back in no time.’ I explained.

‘Whatever.’ She replied not paying any attention at all. So I went on my way.

As I turned the corner and headed for the next celebrities I wasn’t as excited as the first door. So I made it simple.

I knocked on the door and waited for an answer.

‘Come in.’ I heard a guy’s voice say.

As I walked in I began to say, ‘Hi I’m Sara and I’m going to be your assist-‘, When I looked up there sitting in front of me was five AMAZAYN boys! Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles. One Direction. I dropped my folder and just stared for 3 seconds.

I eventually snapped out of it and when I got my focus back all of the boys were just looking at me.

‘Are you okay?’ Said Niall with his cute Irish accent.

‘I’m fine. Let me start over.’ I picked up my folder, walked back out then back in.

‘Hi, I’m Sara and I’m going to be your assistant for the 2 weeks you are here.’ I said with a giant smile.

‘It’s nice to meet you Sara!’ They all said.

I knew this work experience was going to be awesome.