Chapter 10

Cheshire, England 2010

(Harry's POV)

"Do you want to stay for dinner?" She squeaks, nervously gathering her bottom lip between her teeth. Without a word I turn back around and walk back over to her and wrap my arms around her small fragile body.

"I just really don't want to be alone right now," she sniffles against my shoulder, her voice sounding so small.

"I'll be here as long as you need me," I whisper, smoothing her long brown hair and gently running my fingers through it. She nuzzles her face into my neck and sighs deeply and I tighten my arms around her. I'd give anything just to stay like this with her forever.

"What do you want to eat," she asks pulling out of my grip, to pick up my phone off the floor and all too soon I'm left with the familiar ache in my chest at the loss of her touch.

"Could we have pizza?" I ask, trying really hard not to let my voice crack.

"Sure, do you have Domino's number?" She asks unlocking my phone.

"Yeah." I smile sheepishly.

...

(McKenna's POV)

I call Domino's and they tell me the wait for our pizza will be about 30 minutes at the most. I hang up and hand Harry his phone back.

"Pizza will be here in 30 minutes," I tell him and motion for him to follow me into my small living room. He does what he's told and walks into the living room, making himself comfortable on the couch, I sit down next to him and we sit in comfortable silence.

"I know what we can do," he says breaking the silence after a few minutes.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Um well..." He says trailing off and looking down, my eyes follow his gaze and that's when I realize that my hand is on his thigh. I didn't even notice I put it there. Why do I always gravitate towards him?

"Oh sorry," I mumble, quickly taking my hand away and folding my hands on my lap. "Um, continue," I squeak.

"We can play 20 questions, to get to know each other better," he says biting his lip and placing his hand absentmindedly on his thigh where mine used to be, just seconds ago.

"Harry, I've known you pretty much all your life," I say not being able to stop myself from giggling.

"But, you don't know the little things about me, and I don't know the little things about you either," he smiles an adorable cheeky smile.

"Ok, well what do you want to know?" I say returning the smile.

"The Important stuff like; what's your  favorite animal?" He asks, chuckling.

"Don't have one."

"C'mon, everyone has a favorite animal."

"well I guess I'm not everyone because I don't," I shrug.

"Sure you do, just think about it for a second, Kenna." He smiles again and nudges my arm playfully. My heart flutters at his use of my childhood nickname.

"My favorite animal is the butterfly," I say after a really long time of thinking.

"Why butterfly?" He asks curiously.

"Because butterflies are like people in a way, they don't see their true beauty but everyone else around can see it."

"Wow McKenna, that's beautiful, mine is just cats because they're cute and fluffy," he says and we both laugh.