X: Zap

Link and Meilen met Sidon by Mipha's statue the next morning, both youth feeling refreshed from a good night's sleep. Last night, Sidon had informed the pair that in order to stop the water long enough to get inside, they would have to shoot Vah Ruta's shoulders with Shock Arrows. Unfortunately, before they could do anything, they had to gain Muzu's trust so that he could tell them where to find enough arrows. Sadly, Muzu had been further angered when King Dorephan had gifted Link with the Zora Armor that apparently Mipha had made for him, as well as the Silverscale Trident, which had been Mipha's old weapon. That little conversation hadn't gone over well at all.

"Muzu, please listen-" Sidon was once again trying to convince Muzu of their cause. The elderly Zora was having none of it. When Link, Meilen, and Aithne approached, he huffed.

"You came all the way here, but it was in vain. I have no desire to speak with you." Muzu grouched as the trio stood next to Sidon.

"Listen well, Muzu. There is something you need to know." Sidon began. "He who stands here, the man called Link, is the one whom my sister, Mipha, had feelings for." Meilen looked to the boy, whose look of shock was priceless, and when he put his eyes on her, she wiggled her eyebrows, smirking slightly. Link gave her a miniature mock-glare as Meilen and Aithne began to laugh quietly.

"What?! No..." Muzu exclaimed, lurching back slightly. "You cannot fool me with such a fanciful lie. Not this Zora! How could Lady Mipha possibly have feelings for a Hylian like him?!"

"Probably the same way Meilen has feelings for him..." Aithne muttered, out of earshot of everyone except the girl they were talking about. Meilen sent a sideways glare to her small companion, who had no guilt for their comment. Meilen turned her gaze to Link, who was staring at the statue, a glassy look in his eyes. When Meilen took a look at the statue, she understood why he was staring like that. It was a memory.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Mipha and Link sat atop Vah Ruta, the Zora girl healing a small wound on Link's arm.

"I was thinking," Mipha began, looking up at Link, "This reminds me of the time when I first met you. You were a reckless child. You were always getting yourself hurt at every turn. Every time, I would heal you, just as I'm doing right now. I thought it was funny how, being a Hylian, you looked grown up so much faster than I did. I was always willing to heal your wounds. Meilen's too, of course." Mipha drew her hands away from Link's arm. Meilen approached them from the back, but she was still out of earshot. While she was still far enough away, Mipha asked Link a question.

"You love Meilen, don't you?" She asked, chuckling at Link's embarrassed expression.

"Yes..." Link muttered sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head. Mipha laughed, but did not say more, as Meilen was now very close.

"Hey, you two! Mipha, Zel wants to talk to ya'. She says you can go whenever you find the time." Meilen reported, sitting on Mipha's other side, giving the Zora a side hug. She waved to Link, who smiled in return. It was silent for a few moments.

"So, if this Calamity Ganon does, in fact, return, what can we really do?" Mipha asked, lost in thought. "We just don't seem to know much about what we'll be up against... But know this: no matter how difficult this battle might get, if anyone tries to harm either one of you, then I will heal you. No matter when, or how bad the wound, I hope you know that I will always protect you. Once this whole thing is over, maybe things can go back to how they used to be when we were young. I miss it." Meilen squealed slightly, and pulled Mipha into a hug. As Mipha hugged back, Link started to look very awkward, so both girls pulled him in as well. The memory faded away as the three friends went to meet Zelda.