This Is It

Author's POV

Chanyeol looked around frantically for things he would need.
He's never heard Baekhyun sound so scared before. And that's why he's just as scared right now.

He throws things into a duffle bag. Random things and also his hidden money.
He then charges out of his room while his mind was in a huge blur.

He couldn't even think straight.

Who would've thought that his gut feeling was so accurate.

Chanyeol continued to walk through the dark dorm and he noticed car lights flashing into the house. As if someone had pulled into the driveway.

He didn't waste time as he was about to open the door and leave.

When something fell out of his bag.

He looked down and saw that it was a picture of him and Jieun smiling together at the convenience store in the potato chip aisle.

"How could I forget" Chanyeol mumbled.

He was about to just leave and not say anything to Jieun.

No that wasn't right.

He picked the picture up and continued out of the house. As his long legs carried him through the rain and to Baekhyun's car.

"What's going on Baekhyun?" He asked once he sat in.

"I don't know how. But the cops knows it's us. And they came looking for me at the girls apartment" Baekhyun said still shook from the event.

"Well how'd you get away?"

"Suzy and I climbed out the window and down the fire escape"

"Oh no this is worse than I thought" Chanyeol groaned rubbing his face.

"I dropped Suzy off at the convince store...."

Baekhyun trailed on.
Chanyeol could look at him and tell how that whole ordeal went.

"Where's Jieun. I'll take you too her"

Baekhyun added as if he guessed Chanyeol's next thoughts.

"The new house"

Was all he mumbled. Before they drove there in less than ten minutes. And when they arrived, Chanyeol's legs felt heavy.

He couldn't do this.

"Come on. We can't stay long"

Baekhyun reminded sadly. And Chanyeol just silently nodded his head. Before he got out of the car. And approached the house in the cold rain.

But just before he could reach the door. The real estate agent opened it and walked out after sharing a few laughs with Jieun.

And once they parted. That's when she spotted him on the steps.

"Hey Chanyeol? What are you doing here?" Jieun asked.

He walked inside and looked down at his feet while she closed the door back.

"Good news. We can all move in tomorrow!"

She squealed. And Chanyeol tried his best to force his happiness.

"That's great jagi congratulations!" He cheered. But Jieun knew his cheerfulness wasn't genuine.

"What's wrong Chanyeol?"

"Uh....Jieun I have to tell you something" he started.

"Omo is it bad?"

"Very....the...cops know about the heist" he said and her eyes widened.