Chapter Twelve: Girlfriend?

Josh had just realised what he had said. Not even thinking about Lucas being in the room. He looked over at Maya who was shaking and crying. Lucas was just looking at him in shock.

"We can talk about this after Lucas for now I want to get Maya back to my dorm. Do you have a lift home?"

"Well I was going to drive but I think I drank to much"

"All good man Andrew is away for the weekend so you can have his bed"

Lucas just nodded as Josh picked Maya up. No way was he staying at this party any longer than he had to. Lucas walked behind them the whole time. Watching how Josh would say things into Maya's ear and the occasional forehead kiss. As much as he had had the same opinion as Riley when it came to them actually having a someday in this moment he could see exactly why they had agreed to it. They were acting like him and Riley had for years. That was until the last argument they had. Lucas couldn't help but wonder how long this had actually been going on, they looked so connected.

As they approached the dorm Josh took out his keys and opened the door. Lucas was quick to take in how much stuff in this dorm was Maya's or at least Maya had something to do with some of the items in the dorm. Josh pointed out where the bed was Lucas could stay in. He also grabbed some of Andrews clothes for Lucas to wear. Lucas grabbed a shower leaving time for Maya and Josh to talk. As Josh put her down on the bed she still looked at scared as she was at the party. Josh pulled her close to him and began to put his hand through her hair.

"Baby I'm so sorry I wasn't there tonight when you needed me"

"Don't be silly Josh the guy was a jerk. He was only talking to me, then he forced me to.." the tears were coming out now. Josh hated to see her like this.

"Shhh it's okay, do you maybe want to go to the police or tell your parents"

"If we tell the police Josh there is a good chance you will be charged with assault. We are definitely not telling my parents, they will find out we were together"

"Maya you are so important to me I wouldn't care about either of them things. How about you get some sleep and we will talk about this in the morning"

"I love you Josh"

"Love you too babe"

Not long after the conversation Maya had quickly gone to sleep. Josh was still laying with her in the exact spot just staring at her. He had never been more angry than he was tonight nor had he ever punched someone before but Maya was worth it. Lucas had finished up and walked into the room again just observing them. He began to wonder how anyone could be against this relationship. He knew one thing for sure he wasn't telling Riley. His girlfriend at least he thinks she still is would freak out big time if she ever knew what was going on.

Josh had noticed Lucas and decided it was probably time to explain to him what has been going on.

"Josh, you love her don't you?"

"Yeah I do. Look Lucas I know we are putting you in an awkward situation but I was just wondering if you could maybe keep this to yourself. The last thing we need is our family going crazy about this"

"I won't Josh but I need to ask you one thing. how long?"

"Almost six months"

Lucas couldn't believe what he was hearing although it did make sense. Maya had been acting differently the last six months. Not in a bad way though. He had noticed there was so much hope in her eyes, a lot more than usual. While she led everyone to believe it was because of her mom and Shawn Lucas somehow did know better. Although he would have never of guessed this new found happiness had something to do with Josh.

"Wow, well that explains a lot" Josh just looked at him puzzled. "She has been acting a lot different these last six months. Josh you have no idea how happy you make her"

"I think I do. She makes me so happy Lucas, I don't think she realises how much"

Josh and Lucas stayed up and talked for a while. Although Lucas' issues in the past few days were to do with Josh's niece he felt like he could open up to him. It had taken a while but Lucas had finally seen the side to Josh Maya always had. The genuine nice guy.