Chapter Fourteen: My-my

Weeks had passed and they were getting ready to go to Philly. Nothing had changed with the school group so Maya was still dreading this trip.

"Really dad we are spending Christmas with the Matthews?" Maya sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Maya you love going to Mr & Mrs Matthews house. They are really excited we are all going this year"

"Yes I love Mr & Mrs Matthews but it's their granddaughter that I don't want to spend more than a week with"

"What happened between you and Riley"

"She's been horrible dad and now she is being a complete bitch to Lucas for no reason"

"Alright well I'm sure you can share a room with Morgan instead. Her husband isn't coming this year but Ellie will be there"

Ellie was Morgans 3 year old daughter. They started to go to more extended Matthew's gatherings when Shawn and Katy had become more serious. Maya wasn't really a fan of kids but Ellie was something different. Since the first time they met Ellie has always gravitated towards her. Thinking about seeing them wasn't such a bad thing. Not to mention it would be a whole week with Josh although they would have to keep some kind of distance.

"Fine but I want to stay with Morgan and Ellie. I'm not going out by myself with her either"

"Then you will just have to spend the week going out with Josh" Shawn quickly realised what he said. "I meant Auggie, you can spend it with Auggie" Maya just laughed and walked away.

She wasn't quite sure how long she would last in Philly. Sure Riley's family were nice but sometimes they were a bit over the top. Maya wasn't really sure what a real family was until Shawn and Katy had gotten together. They had accepted them into the family just like they had with Shawn many years ago.While Josh's family liked having them around they were still sure that it was best to keep there 7 month relationship a secret.

The drive there was a long and painful one for Maya. Shawn had the music up loud and was attempting to sing. Even the earphones she had put in couldn't drown the noise out. Maya was relieved to see Amy and Allen's house. Walking up to the door she could already hear Ellie screaming and running around. She knocked on the door her parents following behind them. Riley opened the door with a sour look on her face.

"Wow nice to see you too Riles.."

From the kitchen screams started. "My-my are you here"

"Sure am Ellie"

Ellie ran into Maya's arms. Amy and Allen had gone away for the day but made sure everything was set up for them.  With everyone gathering around and greeting each other Ellie took Maya upstairs to the room they were staying in. She quickly took out her dolls and persuaded Maya to start playing with her. Josh wasn't far behind he then stood at the door watching the two girls. Maya looked up and saw her boyfriend. He had been in his room before.

"Uncle Josh my-my is here do you want to play dolls with us?"

"Well how could I say no to my favourite niece and My-my" Josh quickly kissed the side of  Maya's forehead.

"Josh not here, I promise later we can be together" she winked.

Hours had passed and Josh and Maya hadn't been able to get any alone time. Josh pulled Maya into his room quickly making their way to his bed.

"Babe we can't do this here, your family is out there. Your parents are coming home soon"

"We can always go in there" Josh pointed to his bathroom but before they could move there was a knock at the door. Maya froze straight away she had no idea what to do.

"Uncle Josh do you want to come play, grandma and grandpa are home"

"Sure El, I will be down in a minute"

Maya got up off of the bed and fixed her hair. It was obvious that something had been happening. Not to mention the lip gloss on Josh's lips. They made there ways downstairs separately Maya decided to go down first.

"Mr and Mrs Matthews it's so great to see you" Maya hugged both of them before following Amy into the kitchen.

Josh came through the door and gave his mom a kiss on the cheek and went outside with the rest of the family. When he thought his mom wasn't looking he flashed one of his trademark smirks and wink at Maya.

"Maya you do realise I known about you two"

"Wait, what? How does nobody else know yet. Dad will kill me. Actually he would probably kill us both"

"The night we came for family dinner a few months ago. I saw him waiting for you and then you two kissing around the corner. Don't worry I won't say anything just been more careful okay"

"Thanks Mrs Matthews"

"No problem sweetie I'm glad you are dating my boy. He seems a lot happier and I think it's about time you call me Amy"

"Alright Amy"