Chapter Sixteen: You my love better be quiet

Christmas night went quick. They had dinner around the table the usual. Riley actually turned up. She didn't say much but gave Maya a weak smile as they sat down. Maya knew something was going on but wasn't quite sure what. She knew at some point they would actually have to speak about it.

The next morning Ellie starting jumping on Maya's mattress to wake her up. Morgan had told her the night before that Maya and Josh were going to take her to the park in the morning. When the sun started to come up Ellie decided it was time to go.

"My-my mommy said you and uncle Josh are taking me to the park let's go"

Maya couldn't help but laugh. She was so happy and enthusiastic much like Riley. Maya felt a bit ill but let the feeling pass. Maya got up and got herself and Ellie breakfast while everyone else slept. The Matthews house wasn't one to normally rise early. While they sat at the table they began to talk. They spoke about her day care and her new puppy they had gotten. Ellie was such a talkative girl.

"Alright how about you go and wake up uncle Josh and I will have a shower"

Maya had gone upstairs into the bathroom across from the room she was staying in. This was the best time to go for a shower everyone was in bed and no one would walk in. Maya was under the water when the door opened, she quickly covered up before turning around to see Josh standing there.

"Don't worry Morgan said she would cover for us if anyone woke up"

"So your sister is okay with us doing this in your bathroom"

"She said I would rather you two get out your frustrations now instead of in front of my kid at the park" Maya laughed.

"Well we better be quick"

"And you my love better be quiet"

Maya walked out of the bathroom first looking around to make sure it was clear. Josh followed close behind both taken back when Ellie ran down the hallway. She had grabbed onto them and they made there way down to the park. Josh thought this was the perfect opportunity to take Maya's hand while they were walking. Maya just looked over at him and smiled. Ellie was singing her hands in Maya's back and forward.

"Can we play with my kite"

"Of course Uncle Josh will set it up for you"

After quite a while at the park they made there way over to get some lunch. Josh insisted on paying for all of their lunches. Maya found a table for them to sit at. Ellie made Maya sit across from her and told her Josh had to sit with her. They all began to eat when Ellie started talking.

"Uncle Josh are you at school"

"A type of school Ellie, it isnt as hard as yours though"

"You are silly uncle Josh" Maya laughed.

"I think your right El, he is"

"Uncle Josh are you and Maya going to get married?"

At this point Maya had almost choked on her drink. She looked over at Josh. What could have given her the idea that that was going to happen.

"Why do you think that El" Maya said after she had finally snapped back to reality.

"You keep holding hands like mommy and daddy. Cousin Riley said Maya loves you"

Josh just shrugged. Of course he was going to make Maya answer her questions. Being a typical 3 almost 4 year old she had a lot of questions.

"Maybe we should just tell her Maya, my Ellie girl won't tell anyone a secret will she?"

"Ooh I won't tell secrets"

Maya looked over at him not believing he was really ready to tell a 3 year old their secret. It was getting to the eight month mark in their relationship and she knew it wasn't going to last much longer.

"Alright but this is a special secret you can't tell anyone" Ellie nodded her head. "Your Uncle Josh is my boyfriend"

"Can you have a baby, mommy said I can only have a baby cousin when uncle Josh has a baby" They both laughed. Out of all the questions that was the one she came or with.

"Maybe some other time. El how about we go home I'm sure some of the rest of the family would actually like to spend time with you"

A/N: alright so the last few chapters have been quite slow but as I said it is all going somewhere. Next chapter the truth with come out and it's not Ellie that spills it. I will get the next chapter done as soon as possible.

Anyone ready for a new Joshaya book? I'm already 5 chapter in!