Chapter Seven: Nothing like an awkward family dinner

"Cor there is no girl"

"Hmm well we are having a family dinner tonight. You have to come." Corey said. They went home to start the dinner.

Once it was clear Josh got Maya out of the closet.
"Well that was close, I have to get going. Just got a message about family dinner. We better not turn up together" Maya leaned over and kissed Josh.

"How in the world am I going to keep my hands off of my gorgeous girlfriend tonight?" Josh said staring deep into her eyes.

"I don't know maybe we can sneak out for a bit, see you later boing"

"See you gorgeous"

Maya had gone home and made sure she would arrive before Josh. Riley was a bit nervous about having Josh and Maya in the same room. She had no idea that they had spoken and hung out so much in the past 3 years. Riley had thought this whole someday thing would wear out. Maya would find a high school boy and Josh would find someone at college. There was no way Josh would actually date Maya.

Riley: Hey Maya just a heads up Uncle Josh is coming tonight, Dad thinks he has a girlfriend. Just wanted to warn you in advance.

Maya rolled her eyes. It was nice of Riley to care about her but sometimes she went over the top. Maya knew how she felt about their someday. That was mostly the reason they hadn't told her about their relationship. Riley thought this would never happen that this was just a crush. Maya knew differently, she was in love with Josh.

Maya arrived to Riley wrapping her in a hug. The one thing Maya wasn't expect was her mom and dad to be sitting at the table. She glanced down the other end of the table to see Josh's parents. As if this dinner couldn't get anymore awkward. Not only was Josh's family but hers as well. Josh's parents were quick to get up and hug her. They considered Maya to be part of the family. This kind of family dinners only happened a few times a year. Occasionally Morgan or Eric would turn up.

When Josh walked through the door his smile faded real quick when he saw his parents there. Even worse Shawn was there. He greeted his family the same way as he always would. Josh walked over to Maya and gave her a hug. He let go and stepped back just staring at her. Maya just stood there smiling. That was until she noticed Amy looking between the two of them. They were screwed, no way could they hid this for much longer.

When it came to dinner time Maya and Josh ended up sitting across from each other. She tried to avoid eye contact the entire time with little success. Josh would just smirk at her, the same smirk that he had sent her way when they were at the ski lodge. The family was an in depth conversation with the occasional comment from Maya and Josh. Talking about college, apartments, what the family had been up to.

Maya was brought out of her day dream when she felt something rubbing on her leg. She looked down to see Josh's foot. She looked away blushing. When Josh's parents said they were going home Josh was next to say goodbye to everyone. Josh waited at the bottom of the apartment for Maya to make her way down. They made there way over to the side of the building quickly locking lips.

A/N: updates will be more frequent now. There will also be time skips coming up.
I attempted some Joshaya one shots. I have way too much to write. So instead I have decided to write a few short stories. If you have any ideas throw them my way.
Lastly please check out my new book perfect timing.
Until next time..