Chapter Twenty-Four: You have cooties

They went to the table where Maya greeted everyone. Josh's whole demeanour had changed. He was excited to see his family but the one person he really wanted with him was Maya. It was the 13th of February and they had picked this night for their dinner so that everyone could spend their Valentine's Day with their partners.

They sat down and the whole time Josh had his hand resting on Maya's thigh. She was quite comfortable the whole time. If there was one thing she really missed about Josh it was how close they were and that had changed over the past two months. Maya was engaged in conversation with the whole family. Josh found himself just sitting there watching her. She was laughing and smiling. He loved seeing her so happy. And of course his niece was sitting on there other side of her trying to grab her attention the whole time.

Most people want to go out for their 21st birthday but instead he had chosen this dinner and a lunch tomorrow with Andre and Jasmine who were in Philly to visit his family. After the dinner Amy brought out he family pictures. Maya loved the fact that his mom was like this. She even took a few sneaky shots of the photos from the photo album on her phone. One thing Maya had always loved about the Matthews family was how close they were and even after all these years it hadn't changed. After the cake was cut people started to go to bed. Maya and Josh decided to go up to his room to talk.

"I can't believe you actually came"

"Of course I did Josh I love you. I went to see Lauren today"

"What did she have to say for herself"

"She started off with a fake story that I know you wouldn't go as low as actually saying it. Then she told me the truth. I guess I should have heard the truth before I ran off home"

"It's fine Maya, all that matters is your here now"

They went downstairs to watch movies with the rest of the family. Much like when they were in Philly the last time Maya was snuggled into Josh's side and Ellie was snuggled in Maya. Maya had decided before she arrived at the house that before this weekend was out she was going to become close to Josh, intimately again. Her plan for the first night though had gone out the window when Ellie had followed them into Josh's room. Both of them were so tired that it didn't really bother them.

Waking up the next morning Maya got up with Ellie to make Josh breakfast for his birthday. They made him pancakes and went to wake him up. Maya suggested Ellie just jump on his bed to wake him up.

"Happy birthday uncle Josh"

Josh hated getting up early in the morning, he groaned as he sat up. "Thanks Ellie, did you help Aunt Maya make these" Maya had placed the plate with pancakes in front of him.

"Yes, i did all the strawberries on top"

"Clever girl, thanks ladies" He kissed her on the cheek as Maya got back into bed right next to him. "And this my love is for you. Happy Valentine's Day" He leaned over and kissed her.

"Yucky uncle Josh, you have cooties"

Maya laughed. She looked in the bag to find an art set she had been eyeing off in the window of a shop for months. "Thanks Josh I love it" When Ellie was distracted enough Maya whispered in his ear. "I have a Valentine's Day present for you too babe but I don't think your niece should be around for it"

A/N: back with another short chapter. I just opened a smut book. Send your requests in the book. Hope you are enjoying this fic only about 5 chapters left I have planned out