Chapter Six: Its meant to be romantic

Maya: Hey babe, can we maybe wait until the weekend to see each other. I need to smooth things over with Riles and it's a little hard with this situation x

It was all becoming too hard for Maya. She loved Josh but keeping this secret was eating her away. She knew everyone was suspicious as to what was happening with her. Lucky for Josh he lived in a dorm so no one really knew what he was up to on a daily basis. Riley was especially worried about her best friend. She thought something was going on in her life that she didn't know about, something really negative.

Maya walked into Mr Matthews class annoyed knowing today was the day they would be reviewing Romeo and Juliet. Love was something she didn't want to talk about today especially when it came to the situation she and Josh had found themselves in. Just as they had all sat down her phone vibrated in her pocket.

Josh: I completely understand. Please tell me you aren't having second thoughts about us though, when we tell them they will eventually come around x

Maya just rolled her eyes, of course he felt that way. He had a best friend that supported him no matter what. That was truely happy for Josh and Maya. She put her phone back in her pocket. They got out there books and began discussing the book.

"So class first off how did you feel about the book?" Mr Matthews asked.

"It was so Romantic" Riley gushed. Maya groaned and rolled her eyes.

"Seems like Ms Hunter has other ideas, so tell us Maya had did you feel about it?"

"It was a ridiculous story. The fact that they had to hide their love because of what others thought. If their families truely loved them they would be just happy that they had found happiness. But no they have to have an opinion on everything. How on earth would it be romantic to keep the relationship a secret from the most important people in your life" Maya just sat back in her seat. It was so obvious that it wasn't the book that she was talking about. She had to talk to Josh.

"Peaches are you okay?"

"Yeah Mr Matthews I'm not feeling well can I please go home" Maya looked up to him with her best puppy dog eyes.

"Of course Maya. Just call Shawn to come and get you"

Maya had considered calling Shawn but she knew there was someone else she needed to see. They needed to talk and see where they stand.

Maya: Hey Boing, not feeling too good can you please come and pick me up? x

Josh: Of course gorgeous, I don't have anymore classes today will be there soon x

Maya stood out the front waiting for Josh. A car finally pulled up and she got into the car.

"Maya, do you need to go to the doctors?"

"I'm fine I just want to lay down"

Maya had no idea until the car pulled up and she had opened her eyes that Josh had taken her to his dorm. She went in and sat down. He looked at her knowing that something was wrong but being sick wasn't it.

"Josh this is just all getting too hard. I want us to be together. I want to be able to talk to my friend about you and go out in public and hold your hand and kiss you. I hate lying. God I hate lying to Riley, I can tell she is worried about me and I can't tell her anything"

"So what Maya you just want to give up? Because that's all I'm hearing" Josh was becoming annoyed. He was willing to do anything for this girl. He hadn't been this happy in so long and she was just willing to throw it all away

"No god no, Josh I'm so sorry it's just getting hard you know. Maybe we need a plan on how to deal with this. That way I can be with Riles too and she won't think something is wrong"

Josh exhaled. "It's okay baby, what if I only saw you on weekends and maybe two week days? That way you can be with Riley the rest of the time"

"Sounds good, I'm sorry I put this all on you Josh. I had quite the freak out today in you brothers class"

Josh laughed. "Is that why you wanted me to pick you up?"

"Yeah. Romeo and Juliet is quite the book when you are in our situation"

"Hmm I can imagine. So how about I order some pizza and we hang out here today?"

Maya kissed him. They were laying on the couch after they had their pizza and watching Netflix. There was a knock at the door.

"Josh come on I know your in there"
Josh heard Cory's voice and started to freak out. Josh and Maya just looked at each other in shock.

"Just take your bag and go in the closet. I will get him out as soon as possible" Josh whispered.

He made his way to the door and opened it.

"Hey Core"

"Hey Josh, we hadn't seen you in a while. So Topanga and I had been talking and we thought there was only one person you would ditch us for. So what's her name?"