Chapter Twenty: Aunt Maya

Philly was a place Maya loved to go. When she was younger she always went there with Riley and her family. The Matthews had always been like her second family and the fact they were making such a big deal of Maya's birthday really meant a lot to her. Shawn had finally accepted her and Josh's relationship and was even going down to Philly as well.

Maya looked out the window almost the entire time thinking. Josh's hands were intertwined in hers while he was driving. She was happy Josh's family wanted to celebrate but going back to their house was proving to be a bit more difficult than she thought. The last time she was here she spent almost four days in bed just staring at the ceiling. She had been in hospital and her dad wouldn't speak to her.

Although Maya knew they weren't really ready for a baby she knows that her and Josh would have been able to handle anything that was thrown their way. The thing that had worried Maya the most was the thought of not being able to have children. She loved watching Josh with Ellie. She knew he would want a family one day and she tried to push that to the back of her mind as much as she could.

Josh could see how tense Maya was as much as he had to focus on the road. He squeezed her hand and looked at her.

"Babe what's wrong?"

"Uh nothing, just last time we were here I.."

Maya's eyes started to water and she looked straight out the window again to avoid Josh hoping he doesn't realise a few tears that were threatening to spill from her eyes. He moved her hand up to his mouth and kissed it.

"Mom thought it was too soon, I'm sorry My I just thought you would tell me if you weren't comfortable in coming"

"Josh i will be fine, I love your family I'm glad they want to do something for my birthday"

They pulled into the Matthews drive way to see Cory, Shawn and Morgan's cars. Everyone was already there. "Alright if it gets too much just tell me alright" she nodded.

Maya walked up to the door hand in hand with Josh and knocked. Amy opened the door and went straight for Maya "Happy belated birthday Maya, I'm so glad you came"

"Thank you so much for having this, it really means a lot"

"Maya you are part of the family, always have been" Amy had a massive smile on her face. She liked that Maya and Josh were together. Some of the girls Josh had brought home before they agreed on their Someday didn't meet her approval.

Just as she was about to answer Amy Ellie came running in from outside and straight into Maya's arms.

"Happy Birthday Aunt My-my"

Maya looked over at Josh with a puzzled look on her face. All he could do is smirk.

"Thanks El, I'm going to say hi to the rest of the family" Maya wasn't really sure what else to say. It kind of came out of nowhere.

"Aunt Maya, I like the sound of that. I'm not sure Riley would though" Josh whispered in her ear. She elbowed him.

Maya went around and said hi to everyone. Her mom and dad had even showed up before them. Riley wasn't coming because of an event with Lucas' birthday. Maya didn't really mind as they had dinner with her on her actual birthday.

They did the usual roast dinner and birthday cake. The whole time Maya couldn't help but be happy with how the last year had gone. She was sitting here with her and her boyfriends family. The fact that boyfriend was Josh just made it a whole lot better.

As the night went on the sat around the tv with Auggie and Ellie and had a movie night. Maya was snuggled into Josh and Ellie was on the other side of her bit of hen almost asleep. Morgan came into the room looking around.

"Come on El let's get to bed"

"I want to stay with Uncle Josh and Aunt Maya"

"Morgan what's with this aunt Maya stuff. She's never called her that before" Josh said quietly trying not to wake Maya up.

"She asked if you guys love each other like uncle Cor and Aunt Topanga so I said yes. Do you seriously see yourself with anyone else Josh?"

"Well no, it's always been Maya and it always will be"

"Exactly. If it bothers her I will have another talk to Ellie"

" no it's fine, I think she kind of likes it. Come on El you can come sleep in my room with us tonight. I'm sure that would make Shawn happy"

"Nothing in front of my child please"

Josh picked Maya up from the couch and took her into his bed. Ellie followed behind them. She got right in the middle of them and began to close her eyes.

"Good night El" he kissed her forehead. "Night Maya" he kissed hers to. She began to stir in her sleep.

"Goodnight Uncle Josh and Aunt Maya. Love you. "

A/N: so this fix is almost coming to an end!

Please send me some other joshaya books, I love reading them..