Chapter Twenty-Three: I'm not crazy like you

It had been two weeks since Maya and Josh had seen each other. They were still together Maya just needed to get her head around some things. They had been texting almost every day. Maya knew this weekend he would be going to Philly to celebrate his 21st birthday with his family. She had told Amy that she was coming down later to surprise him because Josh thought she was busy that weekend. There was one thing though she wanted to do. She was going to go speak to Lauren to confirm everything Josh said. The only person that knew where to find her would be Andrew.

When Maya had known Josh was gone she went over to the dorm to see Andrew. She knew for a fact even though they had told no one about their little break that Andrew would know. He was probably the closest person to Josh. When he opened the door he looked quite surprised.

"Hey Maya Josh just left"

"I know I came to speak to you"

"Alright, what can I do for you?"

"I'm going to Philly now, I need to know where I can find Lauren"

"Maya are you sure that's a good idea that girl isn't exactly the best person to be around"

"I just need to see her. After I'm going to surprise Josh for his birthday"

"Alright here is her address, be safe Maya. I will see you in Philly tomorrow"

Josh had arrived home to see Morgan and his niece already there. He took his stuff in his room and just sat on his bed. He had made up a lie to tell his mom about Maya not being there. He felt so guilty for doing it but if in the long run Maya was going to come back to him because of this space between then he didn't really care.

Maya turned up at the address Andrew had given her hours later. She had never met Lauren. According to Josh's family she was lucky not to be around her. They hadn't been together for years so she was unsure as to why Lauren would even care about her relationship. She knocked on the door and a fake looking blonde opened the door.

"Oh it's Joshie's little girlfriend. What can I do for you"

"You can't start off by staying away from my boyfriend. Maybe explaining what happened at that party"

"He came up to me and kissed me. He tried to take me to the bedroom upstairs but we didn't have a condom. He said he had already made one mistake by almost having a baby and he didn't want to make another one"

Her eyes started to water. There was no way Josh would say anything like that. "I don't believe you, how did you even find out about that?"

"Fine that stupid boyfriend of yours wanted nothing to do with me alright. I heard someone say they saw you guys at the hospital. For some reason he loves you not that I can work out why"

"Probably because I'm not crazy like you. Don't go near him again alright"

She never understood how Josh's family could not like someone he was with. Given he was a great person and all of the friends he had picked were nice. Maya found herself wondering how he had even ended up with someone like her. She was so fake looking, a clear liar and seemed like a bit of a nut. Maya got back in her car to make the short journey to the Matthews house. She had told Amy she would make it in time for dinner.

The Matthews family were sitting around the table. Josh could see his mom was trying to stall. They had all turned up on time and she kept looking towards the door. On the other side of the door Maya found herself just staring at it. Once she walked in there she was going to tell Josh she wanted to be with him, now. His gift was in her hands. Instead of knocking she just decided to walk in. She saw Ellie on the floor playing with her dolls.

"Aunt Maya" she yelled and ran into her arms. Josh heard her yelling his head snapped up and immediately made his way into the lounge room. "I missed you"

"I missed you too Ellie girl"

Josh walked through to see his girlfriend and niece walking over to him.

"You came"

"Of course I did. Happy birthday Josh" She kissed his cheek.