Chapter Ten: The fight

The day had been perfect. Josh and Maya were snuggled up just watching Netflix after they had breakfast. Josh would occasionally look down at Maya and every time just smiling. Maya was completely oblivious to what he was doing. He began to run his hands through Maya's hair. Just then Maya's phone went off.

Riles: Hey Peaches just wondering if we are still on for shopping this afternoon?

Maya groaned. She had completely forgotten that she promised to go dress shopping with Riley. Since they had been together for years Lucas decided to invite Riley to his Aunty's wedding. In an attempt to keep Riley occupied from what had been going on in the last few months Maya agreed. She knew she was in for a long day. Riley never was good at making her mind up.

"I have to go Josh, your niece is making me go shopping"

"Do you want me to take you or is Cory taking both of you girls?"

"Can you please take me. I don't know how much huckleberry talk I'm going to be able to take today"

Josh just laughed. As they made their way to the mall it was the usual talk in the car. Josh had one hand on the steering wheel and the other one laced into Maya's. He parked towards the back of the car park and kissed Maya.

"See you later honey, I will text you"

"Bye babe, see you tonight"

Maya had walked into the forever 21, that's was where Riley had agreed to meet her. Riley being Riley had picked out 12 dresses. Each one she said she loved. Maya and Riley ended up staying there for over three hours. Maya knew it was going to be hard to convince her that she wanted to stay home because Riley knew her parents were away.

"I have a date with Lucas tonight so I was thinking I would sneak him in tonight. Is that alright I know we were meant to have a sleepover?"

Maya was relieved. Not very often did Josh and Maya get alone time together but with her parents away it was the perfect time to go back to Josh's dorm again.

"Sure Riles. So anything special you want to tell me about the plans for tonight?" Riley just stood there and blushed. "Oh my god you are totally going to go there with huckleberry. Are you sure Riles I know you wanted wait"

"I'm sure Maya, I'm just so in love with him. You just don't really understand it yet. I mean you haven't found that person"

"I wouldn't say that"

"With who Uncle Josh? Come on Maya we all know this someday thing is probably not going happen. He is with a bunch of college girls"

Maya's face dropped. "So you think your uncle is to good for me?"

"I think this stupid someday deal is just going to end in tears. He said those things so you would obsess over him anymore. Dad said he reckons he is seeing someone anyway. I think it's time for you to move on"

Maya wanted nothing more than to tell her friend about her and Josh. That they had been dating for five months. That she wouldn't be the first one to go there with Lucas. That he had told her that he loved her. Instead she decided against it.

"It's nice to know how you really feel. I'm going home" At this point Maya's eyes were watering. She couldn't believe her best friend would say something like that. Riley had changed in the last month or so. Maya had no idea why. It wasn't like Lucas had anything to do with it. Maya couldn't exactly be mad at her for keeping things from her considering she was doing exactly the same thing. Maya is glad they decided to keep the secret the way things were going.

Maya: Hey Josh are you still around? Can you please pick me up I can't be here anymore x

Josh: Yeah of course I will, meet me where I dropped you off x

Maya walked over to the car and slammed the door behind her. Josh had learnt over the last few years especially the last few years that it was best just to let her be. He would wait until they got to the dorm to ask.