Chapter Three: Overwhelming Happiness

Maya had woken up the next morning with a massive smile on her face. She glanced over at her phone to see a text message from Josh.

Hey gorgeous, so glad you are mine. I will call you tomorrow. Good night x

Mine. He said that she was his. Some girls might be a little upset with the idea of a guy claiming them but Maya didn't mind at all. She was happy to be his. She soaked up his scent on her jumper one last time before she headed to the bathroom to have a shower and change. She was trying to think of the perfect thing to text josh back.

Hey boing, sorry I didn't answer last night I fell asleep. I'm so glad I'm yours too. Can't wait to talk to you this afternoon 💖

Her phone lit up again.

No problem beautiful. Have a great day at school 😘

Even a simple text message from him made Maya's heart skip a beat. Hiding her happiness was going to be hard. There was no doubt her friends would pick up on a change but she needed to do keep it to herself. For her and for Josh.

Maya knew how everyone would react. Riley would be disgusted. Lucas would get all protective. Her mother and mrs Matthews would probably be happy. Shawn, Cory and Allen would probably kill Josh. They were all so predictable. Maya was more nervous about what Riley would think they had been friends for years and now she was dating her uncle.

Maya took a deep breath and walked through the Matthews door.

"Good morning Mr and Mrs Matthews, how are you on this fine day?"

Cory and Topanga just stared at Maya. She was never this happy. Especially at this time of the morning.

"Good morning sweetie, what has got you in such a good mood?" Topanga said awaiting a reply.

"Well I'm in senior year and my life is just beginning I'm having such an amazing time"
This wasn't Maya. This wasn't the girl they had come to know.

"Riley comes fix Maya something is wrong with her" Cory yelled from the dining table.

Riley made her way down the hallway.
"Hey peaches what has got you in such a good mood"

"Just living a good life"

"Okay Maya what's his name?"

Maybe Maya was a little obvious.