Road Trip

D.J.'s POV

Mom bursts into the room, I was still cuddled with Demi, "Donna Joe Louise Lovato! What the fuck is this?" She's furious, you can hear it in her loud voice. She flashed the picture of me at Demi and me. Demi gasped and tears filled both our eyes.

"Deej, you didn't tell me it was this bad." Demi was in pure shock, and I was sobbing.

"I'm sorry, Mommy. I'm so sorry," I kept repeating. Demi wrapped her arms around me, Dad must have taken Aiden. Mom puts her phone into her pocket and comes to hug me. "Don't touch me!" I screeched. I bury myself into Demi, crying harder.

"That's it!" Mom screamed, "Demi, when you go back to Los Angeles, you're taking Donna Joe. She can help you with your children." Mom said nonchalantly.

"Mom, you don-" Demi started, before she was cut off.

"Don't you dare finish that sentence, Demetria." Mom yelled, but said calmly after, "You are no daughter of mine, Donna Joe, you are Demetria's responsibility from here on. Demetria, I will sign Donna Joe over to you." Mom leaves the room, Dad places Aiden into a crib, then chases after Mom. Demi is crying, but still holding me as I also cry. Dallas and Maddie follow Mom and Dad out of the hospital room. Joy is asleep on a chair in the corner.

"D-Demi?" I sit up to look at her.

"Yeah, D?" She wipes at my cheeks, looking at me.

"Did Mommy and Daddy just a-abandon me?"

"I'm not sure, sweetheart." Demi sighed and relaxed back into the bed. "Just don't worry about it. I'm sure it'll all work out, though, sweetie."

I must've cried myself to sleep on on the bed, because I hear people talking and I feel Demi slowly get up. I try to go back to sleep for a few minutes, but, eventually, I slowly sit up, rubbing my eyes. "Demi?" Demi looks over, she's getting dressed out of her gown. I quickly advert my eyes. "Sorry, Dem." I mumble.

I hear her laugh, I playfully glare back at her, she's only in her bra and underwear, "We're leaving, Deej. Dad brought a change of clothes for you, Joy, and me, he also packed all our things and some clothes. I'll buy you more clothes in once we get to L.A." Demi pulls on black leggings and a white, over-sized sweater.

I get up, Demi hands me my clothes. I tug off my clothes from last night, I slid on the black leggings and a gray sweatshirt dad must have picked out. "I'm ready, Dem."

She smiles, holding back laughter, "Take this." She tosses me a hair brush and my tooth brush. "Oh! And.." She comes up to me, licking her thumbs, and going in to wipe it on my cheeks. I take a few steps back, falling onto the bed. "You have dry tear streaks on your cheeks, come here!"

I rub hard at my cheeks. It hurts, but I don't want Demi's spit on my cheeks. "Feel better?"

I nod, "I'm going to the bathroom."

"I'll get Joy dressed." I leave the room, trying to find the bathroom.

"Excuse me, Miss?" She turns to look at me. "Where's the bathroom?"

She rolls her eyes and points in a direction, "Over there, Kid. Now shoo, I'm busy." I smile and thank her, acknowledging that she's probably tired and stressed.

I enter the restroom, doing my business and washing my hands. I wash my face in the sink, finish brushing my hair and teeth, and walk back to Demi's room. "Who's such a pretty girl? My Joy is." I hear Demi laughing and Joy giggling. I walk in, to see Joy dressed in an over-sized, long sleeved, rainbow onesie. "Dallas picked it out for her, with a blue one for Aiden."

I see Aiden looking around curiously at the room, in a baby blue, short sleeved onesie. "Cute."

Demi smiles widely, but then it disappears, "So, um, we can't fly with Aiden being a newborn. It's just not safe for him right now. If he was two or three months, we'd be fine, but he's a newborn. The ride will take 20 to 21 hours, depending on traffic. Nick is going to drive with us, so he and I can trade off driving." I nod. "Dad and Nick are getting everything into my car, along with car seats." I just nod again. I don't know what to say, my mind is everywhere. "We'll get drinks and some snacks too, by the way." Demi gives me a small smile, before wrapping her arms around me.

The door opens and in comes Nick. He smiles wide, "Hey, guys, where's the little dude?" Demi and I laugh, pointing towards the crib, holding the baby. He lights up at the sight of him. "Can I hold him, Dem?" She nods. Aiden looks at Nick wide-eyed. Demi and I try to stifle our laughs. "Are you guys ready?"

We nod and go down to find Demi's car, Nick walking ahead with our clothes from last night, Demi holding Aiden, and I'm holding Joy's hand. Nick gets in the driver's seat as Demi and I get Aiden and Joy into their car seats. I climb into the seat behind Joy and Aiden, Demi getting into the passenger's seat. Nick drives to a gasstation, allowing Demi and I to get all of us snacks and drinks.

Demi and I get eight Cokes to split between us. Nick wanted some Diet Cokes, so we got him four. I grabbed a few Mountain Dews just in case. We got packs of chips and candy, that we'd all eat. After begging Demi, I got my favorite candy, Sour Patch Kids. We payed and went back out to the car.

Nick was standing outside of the car, his door and Aiden's open. Demi pulled out her phone and took a picture, posting it on Instagram. "Trying to steal my son, Nicholas?" She smirks.

He looks up at her, a wide smile playing on his lips, "He was crying, so I held him and sang a little

He looks up at her, a wide smile playing on his lips, "He was crying, so I held him and sang a little." She smiled at that too. "Thank you, Nick." We took our original seats in the car, half of the food sat on the empty seat next to me, the other half with Demi and Nick up front.

And we just drove off.

A/N

Hey guys! I'm finally on spring break and I got hours of sleep last night! I stayed up until 6am, playing Sims 4 for four hours.

Vote, Comment, Follow me, Share with your friends, Read my other stories, and get a follow if you end up in my notifications!

Peace Out!