⭐Chapter 3: Crashed into you⭐

EDITED

We are on the train now, it turns out we are heading in the same direction. So far... his name is the only thing I know about him.

His aura radiates intimidation, his presence seeming so predatory.

I put my headphones back on and settle into a seat. Thanking God that I have it with me, not forgetting it the way I always have, back home.

I'm starting to sink into being here, it feels like I've been here in my past life, my soul is realising the familiarity.

People keep pouring in and pouring out, it feels good not having to talk to him— not having to talk to anyone at that.

I'm having that sporadic nervousness, when I would accidentally acknowledge his presence.

I spoke too soon, now he's removing one of my ear buds. Instinctively, I remove the other.

"You don't have to be so cautious about me, I would just like to get to know you."

He's sounding so gentle... so genuine, which only makes my heart race. Almost like he had lost all my trust, not having to do anything, but it's something to the anxiety developing inside of me.

I need to get away from him — sadly, my only way out, is to put my headphones back on, before I start drawing attention to myself by switching seats.

***

He's walking alongside me — I'm chagrin at the thought of what just happened. Wishing that I could get vacuumed out of here.

"I don't get why you're so angry, and why you can't explain to me... what happened back there."

What good is an explanation?

What do I say?!

You being here is enough to trigger me?

It sounds so stupid, it is stupid. Now I don't think I want to see him again. I can't even hold myself together, is anxiety lying to me, or should I trust him? 

"It doesn't matter Shawn, just."

I feel so defeated, and again... no I don't like him, I just would've liked to be shown in a better light.

Not as a weak woman that gets triggered by everything... I mean, if I do ever decide to get into a relationship, how will I ever survive it?

"Just what?"

He goes in front of me — facing me.

Demanding that I tell him something that should already be clear to him, in the first place.

"I want you to leave me alone, is that clear enough for you?!"

I can't say I feel guilty, yelling at him.

I need to forget we ever met. His voice needs to stop sounding so familiar, I need to calm down before I start thinking of doing something stupid.

"I don't think I can do that,"

What did he mean?

Why is it so hard to do?

More importantly, why am I only now... realising that I'm at the door of my apartment complex?

"You want to buzz us in?"

He needs to leave, he already knows that this is my stop... can't have him knowing which door to knock.

"You need to go Shawn, thank you for walking me home but,"

"I live here, that's why it wouldn't be possible for me to leave you alone."

-------❤-------Authors Note-----❤-------

So she had a panic attack on the train and she's mad at him for seeing her like that.

Will she do anything in order to stay away from him, knowing that they live in the same apartment complex?

Do you think she will be able to stay mad at him?

As always, thank you for giving this book a chance.

🙏BreathTakingMind🙏