⭐CHAPTER 15: Don't you?⭐

I close the door... now walking over to my brown dresser with the mirror attached.

A distraction.

A different atmosphere, the perfume scent in my room hits my nose and I'm slapped into the submission of lost thought.

My eyebrows needs my attention,there are a couple of hairs shooting up where they aren't suppose to be.

I reach for my tweezer, remembering the days when I use to run to the beauty salon to get my eyebrows done.

Those days when I believed I wasn't good at anything, my eyebrows were just another thing I could mess up.

My mother use to do her own eyebrows and I would watch her, even though it seemed easy... I was still convinced that it wouldn't look anything like hers.

I hear someone walk up to my room door, that must be my aunt.But making my eyebrows look more on fleek... is making me feel better and seeing her... will only ruin my mood.

It will only remind me of all the things that ran through my mind... when I saw her look at him.

"Your aunt wants me to come talk to you...so you tryna let a homie in or nah?" 

His voice is the kind that spills his personality straight off the bat, it vibrates but you could hear that innocence... pure and chill.

Not like Shawn's, his natural deep voice deems him to be anything and everything...and also nothing.

He said that on his second knock, I'm not sure I want to speak to him...he's the problem here.

There's another knock.

"Fine, come in!"

I place the tweezer back into it's place and he opened the door, leaning on the door frame.

"So what's the deal here?"

I walk over to my bed and that somehow gave him the go ahead to come inside completely, and close the door behind him.

"Look, whatever you go by... I don't need you getting into this, if my aunt wants to know what's wrong...then she could come and ask me."

He grabs a chair and put it in front me, before sitting on it.

This is when I take a good look at him, he's sitting the wrong way on the chair with his arms resting on it.

The only thing taking over, at this point...is him and his own individuality.

.

.

.

.

.

.

He's light skinned, thick low beard covering his jaw...rising to his cheek.

A slight chubby face.

There's also hair over the top of his lip, branching off from the hairs on his jaw.

His afro hair obediently standing on his head, my eyes drops to his own.

He's looking kind of high...

"You don't really have a choice...am gon' sit here until you finna say summen."

I bit my bottom lip. That voice again, I know it's wrong to feel this way...but if I could destroy his image in her eyes, I could have the reassurance I need.

This isn't like my past, where a new man came into my mothers life and she finally let me be... where I was overjoyed for the break.

It's aunt Tonya, someone that actually cares about me for once. Sure this is going to get her upset, but she'll forgive me.

She will forgive me.

She has to.

If he gives in, she'll see that they weren't meant to be.

"You really want to help huh?"

He straightens up, thinking I'm willing to cooperate...

I stand up...and with one step, I'm directly in front him... Taking his hands I place them on my breast, and he stands up.

Taking his hands from underneath mine.

"What? don't you want me ?"

I'm not sure why it seems as though I could change into anything at any given moment, but I feel like I could snatch him away from my aunt with the least bit of effort.

"That ain't it, I just gained a second entrance to her heart... am not tryna let her niece ruin that."

I smirk, there's a chance.

There's a chance he'll give in...and there's a chance am going-

.

.

.

.

.

.

👋